Cost of PT per session in London - need some advice!

(17 Posts)
BIWI Sat 14-May-16 16:45:38

I've been training with PT for over three years now, my current one for over two years. We use a local, private gym rather than a big chain. I know he has to pay the gym owner a fee, but it's nothing like the size of fee he'd have to pay if it was through a national chain. So he gets a greater proportion of the fee I pay him than if we were doing it through a chain gym. (I know when I was a David Lloyd member I was paying £35 a session and my trainer then only saw £15 of that shock!)

Because it's a private arrangement, there's no 'rate card'. I've been paying him the same amount per session since I started, and I feel that I really ought to be increasing this a bit. By the way, he hasn't suggested this at all, and I'm not sure if he's embarrassed to raise the issue.

Can anyone advise me what the going rate might be for a PT session in London?

TIA

RunnerOnTheRun Sat 14-May-16 17:40:54

Hi Biwi! Just a bit north of London here and the best PTs are around £45 per hour, newer ones are around £35, that is in your own home though and includes calliper pinch, I haven't checked out the ones that do it within a gym as I am not a gym goer due to time constraints. I have my own kettlebells/dumbells so we train at my house.

BIWI Sat 14-May-16 17:42:54

Thanks Runner! I'm currently paying £35, so was thinking of increasing to £38-40, so that sounds about right.

RunnerOnTheRun Sat 14-May-16 17:56:12

Maybe offer, but I wouldn't worry. Mine just sent a newsletter/email round when he was putting prices up once. You are so kind though!

meatloaf Sat 14-May-16 18:28:03

I pay mine £40 per session (NW London). It's a private gym and I pay her directly. I pay for 4 sessions up front and then draw down on them.

BIWI Sat 14-May-16 18:29:39

Thing is, I'm his only client - he gave up PT work and now has a 'proper' job!

RunnerOnTheRun Sat 14-May-16 18:41:06

Ask him! I mean he's seen you grunting and sweating... Just ask him if he's still up for this arrangement!

BIWI Sat 14-May-16 19:04:15

I think he's still up for it - I know he needs the money! But I suspect that whatever I say, he'll be happy that I've suggested to increase it - I just want to make sure that the increase I offer is a) fair to him and b) not too much for me grin

BIWI Sat 14-May-16 19:04:56

Oh, and I don't grunt ;) although I do sweat a lot

RunnerOnTheRun Sat 14-May-16 19:21:05

Lift heavier then! wink

BIWI Sat 14-May-16 19:55:29

grin

Fuck off.

<said in the nicest possible way>

RunnerOnTheRun Sat 14-May-16 20:29:55

grin

kate326 Tue 17-May-16 17:25:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BIWI Tue 17-May-16 17:28:39

Wow, that sounds good value kate!

I bit the bullet and went for it - and suggested I paid him £40 a session which he was - as predicted - a bit taken aback by. But he didn't refuse grin

BIWI Tue 17-May-16 18:01:41

Oh. Seems I fell victim to a scammer there. <sighs>

RunnerOnTheRun Tue 17-May-16 18:12:12

I thought that too, Biwi! Also on another post advertising same service.

BIWI Tue 17-May-16 18:19:27

I totally missed that it was an ad though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now