How can I tone up my arms?

(16 Posts)
Dancergirl Mon 09-May-16 16:49:29

And reasonably quickly?

I want to do it at home and fit in a short session as and when. I've found a few things on YouTube but there are so many different ones it's a bit confusing.

I only have 2kg weights, is this enough or should I use heavier ones?

NaffOffMartha Mon 09-May-16 16:54:19

Ooh place-marking OP. I have a Kindle app but have never looked at it. Would love to hear advice from someone who has a clue!

Dancergirl Mon 09-May-16 16:56:12

Oh and also should say I don't use apps so it would have to be something online.

DatsunCogs Mon 09-May-16 17:00:36

No idea but I also want to know! Someone recommended kettlebells to me but I don't have any and wouldn't know where to start...

Believeitornot Mon 09-May-16 17:04:43

How no polite way to put this much weight are you carrying on your arms? Because you may well build muscle but not get much definition.

I toned up my arms after a few weeks of doing 20 sets of push ups (you can do "easier" ones with your knees on the floor), triceps dips and bicep curls using tin cans or weights. I've now got an 8kg kettle bell and follow a short 10 min routine on YouTube every few days.

Believeitornot Mon 09-May-16 17:05:42

Sorry I did these sets 2 days in a row with a days rest consecutively. However I've got very skinny arms so didn't take long to see a difference!

Dancergirl Mon 09-May-16 17:08:33

That's ok believe smile My arms aren't too bad, I'm a size 12 inverted triangle shape so bigger boobs and shoulders than hips. There's a bit of loose flesh but not too much. I'm 5'3" and about 9st 9lbs, not sure if this is overweight or not...?

Believeitornot Mon 09-May-16 17:18:28

You sound similar in weight to me (I think I'm around 9st, I don't weight myself) and in height (I'm 5'4") but am a size 8-10 (more of a straight up and down person!) so you don't sound over weight at all!

I made up the routine for arm exercises after reading a few blogs.... Seemed to work!

lljkk Mon 09-May-16 18:54:50

Swimming made a difference for me.

Dancergirl Mon 09-May-16 19:54:13

Bother - I bloody hate swimming! grin

DavetheCat2001 Mon 09-May-16 21:19:20

OP, I highly recommend this arm workout vid:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAGfBjvIRFI

It's only about 12 mins long so not too tedious, and I have really seen my arms tone up. I am now using 4kg dumbbells, but started on 3kg ones.

I try and do it about 3 times a week, I also run for the cardio side.

DavetheCat2001 Mon 09-May-16 21:20:22

This is the other one I do, it's slightly easier than the first one, but still very effective

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU9ig8oaU6E

mnaab Mon 09-May-16 21:23:47

Search Xhit arm workout on youtube. That's the one i use. I normally use 3.5kg weights

Dancergirl Tue 10-May-16 09:35:27

Thanks, will try those. I need to buy some more hand weights, 2kg isn't enough is it? Shall I go for 3kg or 4kg?

DavetheCat2001 Tue 10-May-16 10:00:40

I started off with 3kg weights, and have moved onto 4kg which I find pretty challenging.

I have just ordered a set of 5kg weights as you need to be finding it hard work. Once it starts getting too manageable, it's time to move the weights up!

You could certainly start with your 2kg weights and see how you get on x

Nateismine Wed 11-May-16 14:01:31

Marking place with flabby arms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now