Talk

Advanced search

Running and (ahem) leaking

(10 Posts)
EmmaGellerGreen Thu 07-Apr-16 10:11:12

I've been running for over a year now and really enjoying it. I always wear a pad and tend to leak a few drops or so at the start of a run, nothing more than that. I have always run in the mornings until yesterday.

I went running with a few people in the evening. Had a drink 2 hours before. I leaked a lot, very significant more than ever before.

Any words of wisdom about why this may have happened and what I can do differently? I wonder if running later, my PF is "tired" after the day? I swam in the afternoon, could that impact. I am now doing pf exercises like a possessed person!

EmmaGellerGreen Fri 08-Apr-16 18:23:24

Oh dear, just me then. blush

ThisWasCrownjewel Fri 08-Apr-16 18:26:13

Bumping for you Emma - no advice I'm afraid, but keen to restart running after 2 big babies in 18mths so I wouldn't mind hearing other people's tips for dealing with this, as in pretty sure it'll happen to me too.

RJnomore1 Fri 08-Apr-16 18:28:26

Are you sure it's leaking and not sweat?

whattodoforthebest2 Fri 08-Apr-16 18:30:17

Pilates. Enough said.

EmmaGellerGreen Fri 08-Apr-16 18:30:43

Sadly not sweat! It wasn't full on bladder disaster and sure not noticeable to anyone else but perplexing after all this time.

cherrytree63 Fri 08-Apr-16 18:32:17

Is it possible that it's not urine, but water from the pool? Sometimes if I've wallowed in the bath I have a bit of a flood afterwards (slack Alice blush)!
I've lately had a bit of urge incontinence in the mornings , but I'm post menopausal so I suppose mine is age related, but I'm careful not to drink too much before I run.

SerenityReynolds Fri 08-Apr-16 18:32:53

Keep doing the pelvic floor exercises regularly, though they can take a few months to show significant improvements. They do work however. Sadly, running is never going to be fantastic for your pf, so the exercises are vital.

RJnomore1 Fri 08-Apr-16 18:32:58

Ah it's just I get rather sweaty which is not very nice as a topic either 😕 sorry

EmmaGellerGreen Fri 08-Apr-16 18:37:43

Thank you. Still PF-ing like crazy, parkrun tomorrow.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now