Talk

Advanced search

Couch to 5k- have I stuffed it up already?!

(3 Posts)
PloptheBarnOwl Mon 04-Apr-16 23:11:57

Started Couch to 5k a couple of weeks ago using the app, which logs your progress. However, haven't done a run since before Easter, as DH took time off and we were out on family day trips every day, and I was too tired to run after that! I am only up to Week 2 Run 2, but do I need to go back and re-do one or two of the last runs as it's been a longer gap than you're supposed to have? I haven't run in 11 days.

VivaDevaVegas Mon 04-Apr-16 23:16:31

I would repeat the last run you did and see how you get on. I should be starting week 4 this week but haven't run for a week so might repeat week 3 run 3 before moving on - good luck!

MrsMook Tue 05-Apr-16 07:00:21

I got to week 3 when my baby got bronchiolitis, then followed by general fanily colds and Christmas, so that made about 7-8 weeks out of action. I picked back up at the start of week 3, so it wasn't a big step back in the plan. My fitness level wasn't great either as my body was still setting from SPD which had restricted my exercise for a year.

Repeat a run and see how you feel. That should be enough to prepare you to move on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now