Talk

Advanced search

Music to run to

(11 Posts)
pullthecracker Sat 02-Apr-16 20:48:07

I've just started couch to 5k, and I need a playlist to keep me going, any recommendations for running songs?

slev Sat 02-Apr-16 20:55:08

If you go to jog.fm you can find songs by speed (assuming you know your rough speed). I found that quite useful as it helped me pace myself, otherwise I found I often set off too quickly. That said, there's a limited selection of songs on there so you might end up with a slightly odd playlist - I've got Meat Loaf, Kim Wilde and the cast of Hairspray!

Chimchar Sat 02-Apr-16 21:16:15

I'm sure there is a cd called "Now that's what I call running" or something like that.

Well done on starting! I keep thinking about it, but too lazy to actually commit to it yet!

OrlandaFuriosa Sat 02-Apr-16 21:18:31

Chariots if Fire!

randomsabreuse Sat 02-Apr-16 21:22:06

Two steps to hell. Available on Amazon Prime. Particularly apt with Zombies Run

pullthecracker Sat 02-Apr-16 22:35:00

Thank you everyone, I'll get my playlist sorted! Never even heard of jog fm!

Twowrongsdontmakearight Sat 02-Apr-16 22:37:05

Wasn't there a song in the 80s - I'm gonna run to you....?

Wanderingwondering Sat 02-Apr-16 22:40:07

I tend to download the 'that's what I call running' album every couple of years and then make playlists from those based on what works well when I'm running.
I have a few favourites that I put on every time though as they give me a boost!

MrsMook Sun 03-Apr-16 07:24:39

I've got a few playlists depending on what pace I'm aiming at. It's suprised me how slow the beat I need is most of the time.

I save the 90s dance music for short quick runs!

MelanieCheeks Sun 03-Apr-16 07:35:29

My favourite running tunes are:

Daft Punk Harder Faster Stronger
JLS Billion Lights
Taio Cruz Higher
Utah Saints Something Good
Boyzone Love You Anyway
Elvis Costello Pump It Up
Foo Fighters Best of You

bellalebint Sun 03-Apr-16 07:36:33

Eminem was proven in a study to be the most performance enhancing running music

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now