Talk

Advanced search

what's the best exercise?

(5 Posts)
Silvertap Sat 26-Mar-16 06:41:57

Hi, I'm new to this board.
I've lost nearly all my baby weight (3.5 stone - twice!) bar a couple of pounds and am going on my first sun holiday 10 weeks today!

I want to tone up as much as possible to look as good as I can in a bikini, especially legs, bum and tummy.

What's the best way of doing this? Jogging? I've had a nose at fitness blender - would those workouts help? I see insanity and t25 mentioned - are they any good?

I have 2 kids under 3 so stuff I can do at home is better - I can't get to a gym.

Thanks!

Queenbean Sat 26-Mar-16 06:43:07

If you want to tone then cardio won't help, you need to do weights

You can do body weights like push ups, squats, dips etc. Check out Kayla Itsines guide

Sootica Sat 26-Mar-16 06:44:21

Jogging definitely not to tone up. You need to do resistance work so would say a video workout 30 day shred (Gillian Michaels) is good

Have a look for buggy fit workouts near you in the park where you can take kids along as I have found them brilliant after each of my three DC. There's always someone running after a toddler and getting some extra cardio or rocking a crying baby while doing squats grin

Silvertap Sat 26-Mar-16 15:25:04

Thank you both. I should have said o live on a farm in the middle of nowhere - I'm always jealous of people who can go to stuff like buggy fit!

I'm so used to doing cardio to lose weight it feels a bit weird to do weights and stuff. Need to get rid of the jelly belly though! I've got a 30 day shred somewhere.

JasperDamerel Sat 26-Mar-16 15:30:45

The best exercise is the one that you enjoy so much that you want to do it regularly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now