Gynaecologically explicit running gear!

(20 Posts)
hmcAsWas Mon 21-Mar-16 11:36:35

I am quite long in the torso so my running tops don't come down all that far, and (possibly because I am quite prudish?) I feel a bit uncomfortable in my running stuff - as I ermm...am showing too much 'down there' ('down there' to be pronounced in strangulated tones)

I did try wearing skorts but thought they looked a bit daft (never seen another runner in them), and shorts won't do as they seem to chafe and involve showing my veiny legs

Anyone else with this problem and have you found any good long line work out tops?

annandale Mon 21-Mar-16 11:37:54

Two pairs of hellys?

FannyFifer Mon 21-Mar-16 11:38:01

Shorts over the leggings?

PurpleDaisies Mon 21-Mar-16 11:38:36

My running trousers don't do that...do you need a different style? I have done ronhill ones that stay up and aren't so, er, revealing!

longdiling Mon 21-Mar-16 11:39:22

Shorts over leggings, definitely. I also wear traditional joggers rather than the leggings sometimes

hmcAsWas Mon 21-Mar-16 11:39:24

Did ponder shorts over running tights but they might get a bit warm in the better weather. Could do as an interim

RoganJosh Mon 21-Mar-16 11:39:28

I just don't pull my leggings up too far. Doesn't that work for you?

hmcAsWas Mon 21-Mar-16 11:40:46

Umm - a decent pair of traditional loose fitting joggers. Any suggestions on a good brand

I'll have a look at ronhill too

hmcAsWas Mon 21-Mar-16 11:42:20

I could wear them a bit lower but might need a bigger size as they would sit more on my hips then rather than near the waist

PurpleDaisies Mon 21-Mar-16 11:42:43

The good thing with the ronhill ones I've got is they've got a drawstring on the waistband so they don't need to be absolutely skin tight but still stay up. Any running tights with that sort of thing would probably be suitable.

suzannecaravaggio Mon 21-Mar-16 11:42:55

In the gym I wear shorts over leggings
Running out door I buy a size which isnt too tight

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 21-Mar-16 11:43:38

Bamboo Clothing have extra long tops, short- and long-sleeved.

longdiling Mon 21-Mar-16 11:44:09

I just picked some up in sports direct. I've seen some on fabletics too I'm sure.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 21-Mar-16 11:44:25

Oh, they also have lightweight joggers.

hmcAsWas Mon 21-Mar-16 11:50:28

Thanks for the link Shotgun, I'll take a look

Hmm maybe they are too tight Suzanne - but they feel comfortable on...

CMOTDibbler Mon 21-Mar-16 11:56:45

I have several sets of skapris, and also do shorts over tights (though for see through leggings). And wear boy short pants

hmcAsWas Mon 21-Mar-16 12:05:23

Thanks for all the suggestions - I should hopefully be able to avoid blinding people in future!

MorrisZapp Mon 21-Mar-16 12:07:57

Wear what you like and be damned! I've never glanced at another runners crotch and when moving you wouldn't see the camel toe anyway.

carrie74 Mon 21-Mar-16 14:09:11

I only have one pair of leggings that do that, Nike ones. My Ronhill and Gap leggings are fine. Gap sometimes have longer tops too.

Sirona Mon 21-Mar-16 19:57:18

My nike leggings do that too so I tend to wear them on dark nights only, under armour ones are more structured around the crotch area and never do it. Think it really does depend on the make.

For non chafing shorts though I do rate the nike tempo short, added plus is they have built in pants. I can't wait for summer so I can wear them again knobbly knees be damned, soo comfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now