Talk

Advanced search

Best exercise post CS?

(6 Posts)
LostAtTheFair Thu 17-Mar-16 19:18:11

Just that really. I'm booked in for an ELCS (2nd baby) a few weeks. I know that I can't exercise properly for 10 weeks post surgery but am wondering (a) if brisk walking will be an option a few weeks after surgery (before the 10 weeks expires) and (b) what exercise is best once the 10 week period expires?

Pre pregnancy I did some yoga and some jogging and a lot of walking but I'm looking to be fitter and would consider spinning etc

Grateful for any ideas!

MrsMook Thu 17-Mar-16 21:47:04

I started walking at 10 days after my CS; to the post box and back! At 10 weeks, I was ready for a buggy fit class and could walk a couple of miles, which felt like a great achievement after being housebound with SPD, and a difficult birth. I started a postnatal DVD at 6 weeks too.

ivykaty44 Fri 25-Mar-16 22:17:04

I was in my twenties and did walking of around 4-5 miles per day from two to three weeks. I couldn't drive so walked instead

LostAtTheFair Sun 27-Mar-16 16:42:00

Tanks both!

KP86 Sun 27-Mar-16 17:06:01

IME, I had a fantastic recovery from my c/s because I did not do much at all in the first six weeks. Your body needs time to heal! Of course I walked around shops or visited people etc but took life very gently.

I started back at netball when DS was 4 or 5 months old.

I would go for strolls with the baby and no more, but that's just me.

didireallysaythat Sun 27-Mar-16 17:11:46

Got a pedometer and worked up to 7,000 steps by 5 weeks. Started Pilates at 6 weeks. I was keen to get going as I was back to work at 12 weeks whereupon all opportunity to exercise disappeared completely. I was probably fitter just before I went back to work than I am now 5 years later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now