Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fitbit + hiking while carrying baby in sling

(4 Posts)
djini Mon 14-Mar-16 18:16:25

How do I get the Fitbit (or weight watchers activity tracker, myfitnesspal etc) to recognise that sometimes when I go for a long hike I'm carrying my 11lb baby in a sling.

That's got to earn me a few more credits, surely? My knees certainly notice the difference!

MrsMook Thu 17-Mar-16 21:58:26

Can you change the weight setting? That would recognise more calories, but I don't know how accurate it would be.

It's frustrating when your true effort isn't recognised!

ouryve Thu 17-Mar-16 22:01:01

Changing the weight setting would probably have it remonstrating with you for rapid weight gain!

When I was pushing a wriggly 4 year old in a SN buggy up hill, I upped my self reported "moderate" walk to a "brisk" walk for weightwatchers online. That was many years ago, though!

randomsabreuse Thu 17-Mar-16 22:05:38

It should because having not run since well before getting pregnant with my now 7mo (and being frankly rubbish even then) I managed 5k without stopping on my 2nd run after 7 months of sling and walking most places because I can't be bothered with child seat faffage for short journeys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now