Talk

Advanced search

Do any Mumsnetters do OCRs with their children?

(10 Posts)
Blatherskite Sun 13-Mar-16 17:11:48

I've done WOLF run and Pretty Tough by myself and loved them and DS did ROCKSOLID STARS last year and had such a great time that he went round THREE times!! I've signed us both up for a Mini Military Mud Run next month but I was wondering if there were any other good ones that we should be trying....

We're in Bucks so fairly central and happy to travel for a really good event.

standingonlego Mon 14-Mar-16 18:01:10

Mine have done iron run twice and loved it blathers smile Next one is may 16tg, near cranford, it's a 3k course. We will be there !

megletthesecond Mon 14-Mar-16 18:07:52

Not yet but I've been meaning to keep an eye out for one. We're in North Hampshire.

Blatherskite Tue 15-Mar-16 09:08:36

Ooh, will have to look out for that one Lego. When is it?

chutneypig Tue 15-Mar-16 21:01:34

I think most of the Tough Mudders have Mini Mudders this year. I'm not 100% how long the course is, the site mentions a mile course and up to four laps. My two are very excited, I'd heard nothing about them until you mentioned Rocksolid last year.

Blatherskite Tue 15-Mar-16 21:57:36

I'll have to check which our closest one is. Thanks Chutney. Have you tried one yet?

ROCKSOLID Exeter is this weekend but I can't take the kids with me.

chutneypig Wed 16-Mar-16 07:05:50

Not yet, booked them in for one in May. I'd have missed it entirely but a friend spotted it and thought it would be right up their street. DD nearly combusted with excitement. She's very agile so it'll be interesting if that evens up with her brother who's faster. Their concept of teamwork can be, ahem, novel, so should be good for them on that front.

Blatherskite Wed 30-Mar-16 13:58:04

Just a couple of weeks to go until MMMR now! Hope the weather cheers up

chutneypig Wed 30-Mar-16 21:22:08

How long is the MMMR? Weather is definitely a variable at the moment!

sydenhamhiller Tue 03-May-16 10:10:38

I know I am coming to this a bit late, but are these runs just for the kids? I did the colour run with my (then) 10 year old a couple years ago, and it was really fun thing to do together. I've had a quick google, but it seems like most of the mud runs are for just the kids/ just adults?

Although I do like the idea of sending my 10 and 12 year olds off together as their team work is also quite interesting...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now