Talk

Advanced search

Cycling to work / running at lunch hour - how to cope when there's no hairdryer!

(7 Posts)
Oddoneout63 Mon 07-Mar-16 22:50:20

I have just started a new job and cycling to work takes the same time as driving, so I'd like to cycle in as much as possible.

Trouble is I generate so much heat! Even if I pare it down to the essentials, I'm still 'glowing' unpleasantly when I get there! I may have to resort to taking in some baby wipes and a change of underwear to freshen up! It also takes me a good half hour to cool down - added to menopausal sweats, it isn't making things easy for me to keep fit [I now have a desk job so will be sitting down a lot!] as I feel so sweaty all the time. Sorry to be blunt, but this is mumsnet!

They do have two showers in the building which no-one seems to make use of. Probably because there aren't any hair dryers!

Does anyone have any handy tips or shall I just join the car-drivers as at least I can arrive looking fresh in the morning! Maybe I can request a dryer via facilities manager??

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 07-Mar-16 22:53:33

I would just brush my hair and put it in a bun wet if I washed it at work, but could you not just wash the rest of you but keep hair dry?

MarthaMonkeynuts Mon 07-Mar-16 22:54:33

Take your own?

mumwhoruns Tue 08-Mar-16 09:19:59

Yeh take your own? I do

lljkk Tue 08-Mar-16 09:25:08

What are you wearing when you are pared down to essentials... how many layers where.

Or cycle slower.

Wuffleflump Wed 09-Mar-16 14:28:51

I just sit at my desk with damp hair, but then I don't use a hairdryer at home either.

Don't wash hair and use dry shampoo to freshen?

Oddoneout63 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:23:56

Dry shampoo might be the key, wuffleflump. No hairdryers as there's no electric point in the showers [obviously] and none in the loos either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now