BodyCombat and BodyPump

(3 Posts)
theclick Mon 07-Mar-16 16:51:33

Had my first class today and loved it, sweated a lot, felt like I'd had a workout. But...apart from burning cals, how should it help me? Should I see tone anywhere?

And could I handle a bodypump class if i dont really lift more than 6-8kg when i'm in the gym solo?

dementedpixie Mon 07-Mar-16 16:53:39

Body pump is less about using heavy weights and more about lower weights with lots of repetition

nbee84 Mon 07-Mar-16 22:07:02

I find bodycombat is good for a cardio workout, though it will do some toning too. There are squats and lunges etc and I find it gives my shoulders a good workout too as they usually ache the next day!

Bodypump is better for the toning side of things, it's a good all over toning class. You use relatively light weights because you are doing a lot of reps. Give it a try and use the lightest weights for the 1st class or 2 while you get the hang of the technique. It's better to do the exercises with light weights and good form than to use weights that are too heavy and do the exercises incorrectly - you won't be targeting the muscles in the correct way and may risk injuring yourself. Within a few classes you should find you can up the weights a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now