Talk

Advanced search

Skipping?

(3 Posts)
CaptainCallisto Mon 07-Mar-16 15:13:06

Hi all. I'm looking for some aerobic exercise I can do in my house that isn't going to mean bulky equipment etc.

We used to have a cross trainer but we had to get rid when we moved as we just didn't have enough space. DH and I work opposite shifts so I can't even go running anymore on a regular basis.

I've got a couple of DVDs (dance ones and Pilates) but I wondered if skipping might be something to do on days when I can't manage/don't want to do a full work out.

Anyone done this? I need to get my exercise levels back up!

diymania Mon 07-Mar-16 15:27:42

There's a skipping app that gives you routines to do. Skipping is very good for calorie burn in a short period of time I think, but it's very difficult (I find) to sustain it for long. I guess though it's just something you can build up though. Have you thought about trying something like the kayla itsines workouts? They're very good and can be done in 30 mins with minimal equipment.

CaptainCallisto Mon 07-Mar-16 15:57:34

Ooh, no I'll have a look at those, thank you.

I was hoping to be able to do something I can gradually build up. Otherwise I find I get disheartened and give up. I'd really like to avoid that this time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now