Talk

Advanced search

Second Half Marathon Training Plan Advice please!

(4 Posts)
Runtoyou Sat 05-Mar-16 10:38:00

Hi I run regularly and last Sunday ran a half marathon. It went well and I finished in a good time. This week I've rested, done a bit of yoga and went out for a three mile run on Thursday. Body seems to be ok apart from a bit of stiffness.

My question is I'm supposed to be running another half on the 20th March. How much running or rest should I be doing to prepare? I can't seem to find much info on line so can any of you experienced runners on here advise me? I'm probably going out running tomorrow but not sure what mileage I should be doing.

Help!smile

Runtoyou Sat 05-Mar-16 17:07:19

Bump

emummy Sat 05-Mar-16 17:16:40

Have been thinking about this all day and I'm not sure! I think having taken it easy this week, I would do runs of around 4-6 miles next week, with a long run at the weekend of around 10 miles, then runs of 3 or 4 miles easy pace in the week of the hm. You already know you can do the distance at a pace you're happy with, so you just need to keep things ticking over ahead of the next one.

Runtoyou Sat 05-Mar-16 20:15:51

Thanks emummy it is confusing! I think what you've suggested is probably what I'll do. It's just hard to work it out when there's slightly longer than two weeks between races. I've read that I need to rest and cross train but that seems to apply more to an exact two week gap.

The other concern is the second HM is also hilly so I probably need to fit in some hill training as well. Plenty to do! Thanks againsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now