Best exercise for wobbly thighs

(10 Posts)
thelittleredhen Wed 02-Mar-16 13:08:08

What on earth can I do to tone these wobbly thighs of mine? I can never remember having "thin thighs" but it would be nice to have well, nice legs...

Would running help? Swimming?

Exercise please, not exercises I can't think of anything worse than home aerobics.

Florabeebaby Wed 02-Mar-16 13:57:50

Squats!!! You might not like to do them at home but they work! I also run and walk a lot but really squats and lunges are your friends. Your butt will look good too!

thelittleredhen Wed 02-Mar-16 14:21:07

SQUATS???!! Really?? [sigh]

Thanks Flora - 30 day challenge here I come....

sadgirlsclub Wed 02-Mar-16 14:46:57

I second squats! Also cycling is great for making yr legs look good and getting some tone. Roller skating works those muscles hard as well but that's not for everyone.

In re: Swimming, you would have to do a lot to see any significant difference.

higge Wed 02-Mar-16 23:15:29

I'd have to look anorexic before my thighs looked toned to my satisfaction, it is where I store fat and no amount of squating and lunging made any difference. Sorry to be negative but that's my experience.

BennyTheBall Thu 03-Mar-16 19:18:30

I do two spinning classes per week and my thighs are rock hard!

I also run so that helps too.

mumwhoruns Fri 04-Mar-16 06:55:53

Squats and lunges, running, swimming and cycling grin enjoy!

thelittleredhen Mon 07-Mar-16 10:48:16

I've found the 30 day squat challenge and its 75 today... Also looking at the plank challenge as that looks fun to do alongside.

I've just got squidgy thighs that meet in the middle and although I didn't mind walking around in a bikini on holiday as I am, it would be nice to have some real body confidence rather than body indifference!

Looking up spinning classes and buying new running shoes are next on my list....

elfofftheshelf Mon 07-Mar-16 11:36:39

Running with a blast of squats or lunges at the end - at least 100 - mix it up each session and aim for at least 3 sessions a week. You'll see a difference in 4 weeks.

carbsfoundme Sat 12-Mar-16 14:14:26

If you have wobbly thighs like mine then only running will help.

I do yoga and pilates four times a week which helps to sculpt and define my thighs but I also need the intense cardio to get rid of the blubber/cellulite otherwise I'd just have layers of fat over the muscle.

Before my classes I do a 15 minute run on the treadmill (it's hateful but gets easier) and twice a week I do 20 minutes interval training (walk for a minute, run for a minute). I also do weighted squats, plie squats and lunges.

I'll never have skinny thighs but I have definition and a tight butt; my partner has no complaints wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now