Talk

Advanced search

Exercising advice - overweight with PV fatigue/ CFS

(3 Posts)
Bellatrixurstrange Wed 24-Feb-16 19:06:47

Just that really. GP advised "pacing" but that doesn't shift weight when you're overweight! Has anyone got any advice or experience in successful weight loss whilst fatigued? I'm 39 with four kids and if I don't shed some weight soon I feel like I'll be unfit and fat forever. Any ideas anyone?!

TheHobbitMum Sat 27-Feb-16 18:39:39

Hi smile I've got Rheumatoid arthritis, CFS & fibro. It's really tough to get active when exhausted! I'm 35 with 4 kids also and now cycle (easiest for my joints). I actually find the more I exercise the more energy I have although I know when I need a sleep day amd listen to my body and take it lol Yesterday I slept pretty much all day and felt great for it. I'm very lucky I have a husband who is great at just doing whatever needs doing so I can rest. I'm training at the moment for a 100mile bike ride so I'm out as many days as I can cycling. I do take protein recovery shakes and lots of vitamins etc I need to look after my body more than most (like you I'd expect) as it does help. If I can help with anything specific please ask x

Bellatrixurstrange Mon 29-Feb-16 13:34:28

Thanks for replying! I guess mainly I'm unsure what to start with first as I feel great when I'm walking, cycling etc Then the fatigue hits me and my motivation to change hits rock bottom. How can I start? Before I got ill I wasn't exercising much tbf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now