Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

High intensity workouts, a tone get results?

(7 Posts)
Madelinehatter Sat 20-Feb-16 16:11:39

I get bored of exercise quickly. Did C 5k last year and manage to do a shortish 4k run once per week and also do a Pilates class once a week. Have now started Metafit class which I love but I can't seem to get my head around something only lasting 30 mins or less. I was brought up on hour long aerobics and step,classes! I need to lose around half a stone.

Madelinehatter Sat 20-Feb-16 16:12:18

Anyone - not a tone! FFS.

MsMarvel Sun 21-Feb-16 22:04:09

I do high intensity interval training with my personal trainer, and have noticed massive effects.

We do 30 second high intensity and then 30 second break, and as long as you are giving it your all on the activity period, then its a great way to efficiently see and feel massive differences.

Madelinehatter Mon 22-Feb-16 16:51:34

Thanks. Have you toned up or lost weight? Or both?

MsMarvel Wed 24-Feb-16 14:41:04

Ive not lost a massive amount of weight, around 4kgs in a month, but ive toned up maasively and have managed to drop nearly two dress sizes. Starting weight was around 69kgs and im now at just under 66kgs.

superking Wed 24-Feb-16 14:50:10

Yes, it worked for me. Toned up and lost weight. Also got a real buzz out of it, and only had to find 25 minutes in my day to fit it in. What's not to like?!

Sadly about 4 months in I got pregnant (well, not sadly, but you know what I mean), and despite my best intentions I was unable to keep it up thanks to pelvic girdle pain and bouts of dizziness. Back to boring old swimming now. Still, I am quite excited about the prospect of getting back into it when DC2 has arrived. I think it will make exercising with a small baby much more manageable.

Madelinehatter Wed 24-Feb-16 19:02:46

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now