Talk

Advanced search

Newbie Questions

(6 Posts)
rich78 Sat 13-Feb-16 15:43:33

How much exercise should you do a week for it to be beneficial?

lljkk Sat 13-Feb-16 15:49:31

Any

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Sat 13-Feb-16 16:00:09

Yes, any exercise is better than no exercise! It depends what benefits you want exactly, but I would definitely encourage you to do what you have time for, even if that is very little.

MrsMook Sat 13-Feb-16 16:12:02

What do you want out of it?

30 minutes of activity several times a week makes the biggest difference to basic health. That might be something like walking fast enough to get your heart up.

If your motivation is more to do with fitness or weightloss then you may need to be more targeted with what you do dependong on what you want to achieve.

PurpleDaisies Sat 13-Feb-16 16:13:42

Totally depends. Why are you starting exercising and what are you doing? (Well find by the way!) smile

PhoebeMcPeePee Sat 13-Feb-16 23:35:20

Agree it depends on your starting point but as a regular exerciser (is that even a word hmm) I find anything less than 3 times a week and I notice my performance decreases and I gain weight more readily. 4 times a week is ideal for me & usually doable around work & children with some planning & self-motivation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now