Talk

Advanced search

in praise of outdoor gym equipment.

(6 Posts)
megletthesecond Thu 11-Feb-16 19:18:39

I've really got into this lately. Our town has several pieces of outdoor gym machines and a exercise trail in the local parks. I've managed to work out a 4 mile run loop stopping at each park to spend 10 mins on the cross trainers / weights / cycles. The equipment stays clean too, if the local teens are using it to sit on and drink they certainly don't leave a mess.

It's lovely in the sunshine watching the birds tweeting in the trees grin. I've even been known to cancel a beloved body pump class so I can get out and make the most of a nice day.

Don't see many other people using the equipment though sad.

Seriouslyffs Thu 11-Feb-16 19:24:29

grin
They're great aren't they. Well used and maintained here. But bloody dog barks whenever I go in one so I don't!

Nodney Thu 11-Feb-16 19:31:05

We've got an outdoor gym near us. Are they good exercise? I always thought the machines were a bit pointless because there are no weights on them. Interesting to hear others like them!

megletthesecond Thu 11-Feb-16 19:39:27

nod I think they're mostly resistance machines. They're not the hardest workout but if I push myself to go faster it does start to burn my arms / legs.

MrsMook Fri 12-Feb-16 06:47:01

I like them. There's 3 machines clumped together in my local park, just outside the playground which is a slightly awkward arrangement for practical use.

They work better when they're along a trail.

When I went to China a few years back, they were really popular.

megletthesecond Mon 29-Feb-16 17:59:15

I was out there again today. The sun was out so I decided against going to the indoor gym.

<<hello birds, hello squirrels, hello doggies>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now