Talk

Advanced search

Supportive sports bra

(14 Posts)
AugustRose Mon 01-Feb-16 15:45:48

Could anyone please recommend a good supportive sports bra that doesn't cost the earth, I am a size 34G. I don't run so it would be for aerobics/yoga type exercise.

Thanks

CMOTDibbler Mon 01-Feb-16 15:50:44

I'd go for the Panache Ultimate - its very supportive, but comfortable and doesn't just squash you in

UsainWho Mon 01-Feb-16 15:53:55

Second the Panache, sizing can be odd so buy a few sizes off Figleaves to try (I have to go down in the back and up 2 cup sizes!), then buy cheap off eBay. I am onto my 5th and 6th at the moment!

AugustRose Mon 01-Feb-16 18:35:24

Thank you, I will have a look at that one.

MrsDeathOfRats Mon 01-Feb-16 18:41:37

As above Panache.

It's the most comfortable bra I own!

thegiddylimit Mon 01-Feb-16 18:46:52

I know the panache is very popular but i didn't like it (and thought it came up small on the back size) and have a Freya Active Sports bra which i really like. I'd order a few different sports bra from somewhere like Figleaves or Bravissimo and see which one fits the best.

CMOTDibbler Mon 01-Feb-16 19:06:01

The Freya is nice as well, though I think mine gives me a bit of a bullet bra outline. I have quite a few sports bras and the only ones I don't like are Shock Absorber and my Berlei. The Berlei is lovely and soft, but rubbish support for me. My Panache is the same back as my normal bras, one cup size down.

Boobydoo have an amazing range of sports bras and are vvv helpful

AugustRose Mon 01-Feb-16 22:04:18

Thanks again and thank you for that site CMOT it looks good so I am going to order from them smile

Wolfiefan Mon 01-Feb-16 22:09:19

Shock Absorber Run bra. No jiggle!!

confusedandemployed Sat 06-Feb-16 07:38:01

I'm late to this thread but I'm the same size as OP and used Enell for years. However they are not cheap. I recently have the Shock Absorber DD+ a go after I found it for £21 in an outlet centre. I didn't like shock absorber for years but I absolutely love this bra. I've got 2 now.

BikeRunSki Sat 06-Feb-16 07:47:12

I have the Panache and hate it! Love the Shock Absorber Run Bra, Go Outdoors currently have it for £21. You need to try it on though! Normal bra sizing doesn't seem to apply to sports bras.

AugustRose Sat 06-Feb-16 22:43:29

Thanks for that, I've been poorly sad feeling sorry for myself this week so haven't actually bought anything or thought of any exercise. I have Go Outdoors close by so will pop in.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 06-Feb-16 22:45:45

Another vote for shock absorber run (although the band is sized small IMO)

TriJo Mon 08-Feb-16 14:31:06

^ Shock Absorber Run doesn't go up to a G cup - OP would want the Active Multisport in her size.

I was a 30FF pre-pregnancy, now a 32J at 34 weeks. Panache sports bra is great for long runs (I actually found it true to size in the band and around one cup large at the size that I was, wore a 30F usually), Shock Absorber Active Multisport (one cup size and one band size up, I wore a 32G) for triathlon races because it dries much more quickly than the Panache.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of the Panache or wired sports bras in general for yoga though - I find compression with a bit of structure to be better for yoga and strength training.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now