Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cyclists what exercise do you do when you can't ride?

(5 Posts)
PhoebeMcPeePee Tue 19-Jan-16 09:44:43

If you either haven't got time for a long ride or the roads are icy, what would you suggest as an alternative to cycling? I haven't got a turbo trainer and hate spin classes. I run twice a week & do an insanity class one evening but need a go-to alternative on my cycling days that will keep me going until the weather improves.

CMOTDibbler Tue 19-Jan-16 12:21:23

How about some strength work (not that I do it) or an extra run doing some speedwork? We have a turbo at home, so do use that.

lljkk Tue 19-Jan-16 20:35:17

swimming? Used to do circuits, & long walks.

TheFuzz Sun 24-Jan-16 23:55:34

Turbo. Halfords have them on sale. I have ice tyres as well. Used to commute every day but bad RTA broke 4 ribs and badly broke 2 vertebrae. 6 weeks plus on back flat out in hospital. I have a turbo ready when docs allow but it will be end of Feb before I can start. I'm a fella and have lost over 10kg, mainly muscle and some fat.

I'm learning to walk properly again and in incredible pain. Plan is swimming, gym, turbo and maybe spin. I'm likely to be off work for some time.

lljkk Mon 25-Jan-16 04:02:55

oop... I hadn't heard of ice tyres for bikes. I got out a knobbie hoping that will give some extra traction. Must go google.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now