am about to buy beachbody piyo...good or bad idea?

(4 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Mon 04-Jan-16 23:20:51

I have tried insanity, its not for me - I think it might shatter my knees but I am up for low impact cardio and strengthening. Has anyone tried this and can tell me more? I can't find much other than promotional type stuff. Its expensive so want to make a wise purchase if I go ahead! thanks!

keeponkeepinon Tue 05-Jan-16 18:17:46

Anyone? Pretty please? would love some down to earth opinions if anyone has used this. Thanks

Jacksterbear Wed 06-Jan-16 13:02:28

I love it, although I know other posters on here have been less keen on it. It seems some Pilates fans find it too yoga-ish, and vice versa!

I mix it in with other forms of exercise - combination of gym classes, and DVDs (mostly Beachbody eg T25, Turbofire) which are faster-paced. I haven't followed the programme on its own so can't comment on what results, if any, that would give.

I have noticed a big difference in balance, flexibility, and core strength since I've been doing it. And a general sense of wellbeing. And I love Chalene (cheesy though she is) which helps.

HTH.

keeponkeepinon Wed 06-Jan-16 19:00:25

Thanks for that - I don't know if I prefer yoga or pilates, I like both, so it might be ideal for me after all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now