Talk

Advanced search

5k everyday

(9 Posts)
raspberrytart Mon 04-Jan-16 19:57:05

Hi, after a very lazy month have decided to do 5k everyday for January. I started yesterday so will be just under the month. Anyone else need a challenge for January and want to join me. Im hoping the actual distance isnt too hard but fitting it in each day might be tricky!

HerRoyalNotness Mon 04-Jan-16 20:02:43

I was going to do the same but have managed 1 so far. Will start again tomorrow when DC are back in school and aim for every day.

I tried it in DEc too and did 15 runs. A friend did all 31 but does not have to worry about juggling children. she did do some late at night also which I'm not sure I would do. Depends on your neighbourhood.

I've found straight after school drop off. Is best for me

yetanotherdeskmove Mon 04-Jan-16 20:31:09

I did it last year, while the biggest challenge was fitting it in every day, I did find that actually you can always fit one in even if you don't end up eating tea till 10pm!

raspberrytart Mon 04-Jan-16 20:35:21

Yes, its definitely a struggle already trying to fit it in. I went out first thing this morning, were in the sticks so no street lighting or pavements but had to watch out for uneven roads. Will try to head out in daylight tomorrow if poss, otherwise it will be with a club who run in town, with proper lights and roads!

HerRoyalNotness Tue 05-Jan-16 15:12:44

R2/5
Almost didn't go this morning, quite brisk out there, although temp is reading 5c (Texas), I don't have any long sleeve running tops and could only find one of my gloves which annoyed me. But I made myself do it and wasn't too bad

raspberrytart Tue 05-Jan-16 19:54:40

Well done on getting out there. Day 3 done. It was actually sunny here!

HerRoyalNotness Wed 06-Jan-16 16:05:11

Oooo nice!

R3/6
Got in just as it started to rain

HerRoyalNotness Fri 08-Jan-16 15:01:00

R4/8
Missed yeaterday, period pains, ugh. Today was a bit foggy but had cleared enough after school run to take the 'rural' road run. Will have to work out a 6km run now, trying to build up to 10k

HerRoyalNotness Thu 14-Jan-16 17:42:17

R8/14, 13c so no need for a sweater

How are you getting on raspberry? Any snow to contend with?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now