GNR - Whose looking to join the ballot this year?

(9 Posts)
DrHarleenFrancesQuinzel Sun 03-Jan-16 10:25:33

I am. Ive never ever done it before so Im hopeful I can get on. Just seen on Facebook that it opens this week.

TreesDogsBooks Mon 04-Jan-16 02:08:30

Apply through a charity and you will definitely get a place. smile

raspberrytart Mon 04-Jan-16 19:52:55

Im hoping to get in by ballot, have been lucky enough to for the last two years, so will be very lucky to get in again. Wont apply for a charity place though as I find it hard to keep asking for sponsorship money!

DrHarleenFrancesQuinzel Mon 04-Jan-16 20:27:17

Trees I have no chance in raising the minimum sponsorship that charities ask for so that is not an option for me. I am going to do it for a charity, but will be surprised if I raise much more than £50 or so.

feetheart Tue 05-Jan-16 12:41:04

Good luck. I have got in 2 out of last 3 years.
Brilliant, brilliant experience grin

DrHarleenFrancesQuinzel Sun 10-Jan-16 11:48:42

Ive entered the Ballot so fingers are now crossed. I entered the early one for a random 3000 places. I will find out about that on Tuesday. If I dont get in (there were enough people to crash the website on Thursday) then I will be automatically in the main ballot and will find out in Feb.

Im rather excited.

lastqueenofscotland Sun 10-Jan-16 12:50:08

I'm in.

I was horrified by how expensive it is though... London marathon was £39! Lisbon €20!! Mustn't grumble...

And they don't do good for ages places that I can see either

DrHarleenFrancesQuinzel Tue 12-Jan-16 20:30:47

Didnt get one of the 3000 early places. Think that was a random draw. Still in the main ballot though. Wont find out until 11th Feb so need to keep my fingers crossed for a little while longer yet. Really hope I get a place.

Im sure I read previously that the main ballot was a selection process, but that was a few years ago and now there is nothing saying how it works so it might be random again. Im hoping it isn't as Ive not done it before so hoping that this may mean I have a better chance this year of getting there.

DrHarleenFrancesQuinzel Sun 14-Feb-16 14:30:04

For anyone that's interested I got in!!!!!!! So excited grin

Went to Parkrun for the first time in ages yesterday, plan to keep that up with making Sundays for longer runs and another run or two midweek.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now