Talk

Advanced search

Advice for huge footed new runner!

(10 Posts)
claracluck1978 Wed 30-Dec-15 17:10:55

Hi all
I've decided to start c25k this new year but I am struggling to find any trainers to fit my huge clown feet. Since having my twins, my feet have soared to a 9 with anything between an e or eee fitting dependent on style. I've tried Nike, Reebok, Asics (can't remember style names, sorry) but nothing fits comfortably. My budget is up to £70-80 I guess but ideally around £50. I have tried local sports shops (chains and independents) but no one seems able to suggest anything so I'm turning to you guys for help!
Thanks
Clara

Cherryminx Wed 30-Dec-15 21:30:54

I have wide feet an got New Balance trainers which do special D fitting. How about men's trainers - surely they do size 9's.

claracluck1978 Wed 30-Dec-15 21:50:36

Hi
Thanks for the reply. I will look in to men's trainers - I guess our feet can't be that different!
C

RJnomore1 Wed 30-Dec-15 21:52:24

Go to a proper running shop and ask them to fit you with a pair. I don't know where you are but in Glasgow Achilles heel and grieves sports are good.

MrsMook Thu 31-Dec-15 09:34:20

I think there's a subtle difference in width between mens and womens, but if you're wide that shouldn't be a great issue. I have the opposite problem, I never quite made it into adult sizes, but am stupidly wide. Trying to get something wide enough without falling over a good spare inch at the end is a right PITA. If there are children's ranges, their life span is assuming you'll grow out of them in few months so they wear out very quickly and don't have such good technical design.

iwantgin Thu 31-Dec-15 10:07:05

I have new balance as they do a slightly wider fit.

I was told that you shouldn't get men's shoes as they are designed differently. More support in one part of the shoe. But women and men don't run the same, pelvis thing. Sorry can't totally remember but would be better for you to be fitted in a decent running shop.

I bought a pair and when they started to West out searched for same model on the sales. mine were £105 new, but recent pair bought in an online sale were £42.

Twinklestar2 Thu 31-Dec-15 10:09:01

Go to a proper running shop. My running trainers went up from a 6 to an 8 after I had a baby. My trainers brand is called Brooks.

mydutifullaunderette Thu 31-Dec-15 12:47:49

Go to a running shop - I wear a 10 (and am female) so wear men's running shoes but rely on them being properly fitted!

howcanikeepdoingthis Thu 31-Dec-15 21:16:24

Hey! I'm a runner with twin babies and size nine feet! I get my trainers from new balance, they go up to a nine in ladies and in my experience have really helpful staff. Good luck x

magpie17 Thu 31-Dec-15 21:35:21

Asics are good for wider feet, I find Nike to be really small made. Have you tried men's sizes? Also you need to go up at least half a size in my experience - my day to day shoes are a 6.5 but my trainers are a 7.5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now