Talk

Advanced search

Do you have to wear a Garmin Vivofit on your wrist?

(6 Posts)
doistayordoigo Sun 27-Dec-15 13:02:53

DH got me a Garmin Vivofit for Christmas and I've just set it up today, so I'm wearing it on my wrist with the wrist strap, but I wondered whether you can out it in a pocket or something like that? I don't usually wear a watch or anything, haven't done for years, and I'm starting a new job in January. I don't want to look like I've got an ASBO tag, which is kind of how it feels at the moment! Anyone got any experience of wearing it elsewhere and whether it is more/less accurate?

thedevilinmyshoes Sun 27-Dec-15 13:22:17

I'd be scared of losing it out of its band, I do feel a bit silly with a vivofit on one wrist and at times a garmin FR220 on the other but it's winter so mostly it hides under long sleeves.

thedevilinmyshoes Sun 27-Dec-15 13:22:50

You could get bands in all the different colours to see if that helps?!

doistayordoigo Sun 27-Dec-15 14:07:47

You're right, it will probably be fine during the winter as I've been warned my new workplace is freezing in winter so I@ll most likely be in a jumper or cardigan. I could maybe put it in a little bag, like the ones you sometimes get jewllery in, and safety pin it inside a trouser pocket in the summer. Just wondered whether it would affect the accuracy.

thedevilinmyshoes Sun 27-Dec-15 14:26:44

I don't want to share too much toxic negativity but I found my original vivofit very inaccurate anyway, it missed out so many steps. I'd record a run on one wrist with my garmin watch (almost always in a group so plenty of others measuring the route too) and my vivofit would underestimate the distance by quite a big chunk!

But I have the vivofit 2 now so will see if that is any better. I'd prefer an underestimation anyway. Enjoy!

doistayordoigo Sun 27-Dec-15 14:35:21

I'm not too worried about the accuracy to be honest (sounds stupid, I know!) I do so little exercise as it is, I just want to see how many steps in a day (roughly) and then that'll be my benchmark to improve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now