Talk

Advanced search

What do you do whilst on the treadmill/cross trainer/bike?

(8 Posts)
Oldisthenewblack Sun 13-Dec-15 21:43:36

Do you read/listen to music/watch TV/surreptitiously watch other gym users (if at the gym)?

I'm curious. At my gym they have TV screens attached to the treadmills and cross trainers, so find that quite useful - you can get youtube as well, so useful for music. I guess it depends what you're doing too; probably hard to read if you're running, but easier on the bike. Actually saw a woman reading a paperback on the bike the other day!

I'm just about to join a different gym with no screens, so will have to rely on my phone and kindle for entertainment grin Just found out my kindle rests nicely on the treadmill so will download stuff from Prime and get my money's worth....

Would love to hear what the rest of you do smile.

YeOldeTrout Sun 13-Dec-15 21:45:50

Dreading the next interval (today).
Sorry, no help really. I exercise outside so at least there's scenery.

HippyPottyMouth Sun 13-Dec-15 21:47:13

DH has a cross-trainer in the garage. He watches action films.

princessconsuelabannahammock Sun 13-Dec-15 22:02:16

We have a cross trainer in garage and i listen to music but i do HIIT so i mainly focusing on just going fast and then recovering and trying to breathe! As well as willing the timer to go down quicker!

bigbadbarry Sun 13-Dec-15 22:03:06

I listen to podcasts - I don't find music distracting enough

Oldisthenewblack Sun 13-Dec-15 22:52:38

I'm working up to running outside - lack confidence these days. When I do I'm sure the scenery will spur me on. Though I'll still listen to music with a fast beat to get my speed up now and again grin

Yes, princessconsuela, I know that feeling of mentally urging the timer to shift itself!

DianaTrent Sun 13-Dec-15 22:55:56

I listen to music. I have been thinking about audio books instead for a change, though. Ideally I'd like a small TV for the wall in front but can't justify the expense at the moment.

carrie74 Tue 15-Dec-15 13:17:55

I listen to music or podcasts, but I tend to be concentrating on breathing, so often don't really listen properly. I'm not a massive fan of cardio machines, prefer to do weights or body weight HIIT, but we've recently bought a treadmill for home, so I do go on it occasionally (it's DH's toy really).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now