Talk

Advanced search

C25K inside?!

(3 Posts)
GladGladys Sat 12-Dec-15 08:32:06

Had a bit of an epiphany last night while getting ready to go out and was mortified by how big I've got.

Woken up this morning slightly hungover and have decided that I'm going to change it from today and stop putting it off.

Can anyone please tell me if I could do the C25K on a cross trainer?! I would be too embarrassed going out the size I am and where I live is not really suitable for running either so was thinking I could use the cross trainer in front of the TV! until I'm a bit fitter.

Going to change eating too, which I know how to do, but trying to prepare for failure before I start!

DramaAlpaca Sun 13-Dec-15 00:53:44

I reckon you could... You could use the same timings as C25k, do the walking bits at a moderate pace and the running bits much harder. I did C25K on a treadmill the first time I did it, then moved on to running outside. I also have a cross trainer and I find that it is the toughest workout ever as it works your whole body. I don't see why it wouldn't work, actually.

Give it a go, why not? Good luck!

carrie74 Tue 15-Dec-15 13:20:37

I don't see why not. You could also try some weight training which I find a bit more rewarding than running - fast results. I like the Fitness Blender workout videos (free) - amazing selection and can be easily tailored to your needs. Weight training will also support the cardio training, so it's a good mix.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now