Talk

Advanced search

Longer length Tops for running (preferably long sleeved)

(10 Posts)
knowler Mon 30-Nov-15 13:55:53

hello all - i've recently started running (done C25k) and am struggling to find decent running tops. I'm a size 18-20 (the running is helping to shift this thank goodness!!) and I'd like a decent performance top, preferably long sleeves, that is longer length, ideally covering my hips and bum.

Probably because of my size, tops of normal length tend to ride up so i expend precious energy yanking them down every few mins.

Any tips?

AuntieStella Mon 30-Nov-15 14:06:25

Try www.baselayer.co.uk/Women-s-Base-Layers-cat-452

When I rang them (after something fairly specific for DD) the staff were really helpful and knew their stock. And we were happy with what they recommended.

knowler Mon 30-Nov-15 15:09:11

Thanks Auntie i'll take a look.

CMOTDibbler Mon 30-Nov-15 15:29:17

The fat lass at the back running top is cut properly so it doesn't ride up. You could wear a tight base layer, or use arm warmers with it (I love arm warmers as I get so hot)

Its really hard to get tunic length tops in performance fabrics. When its cold I do run in my fleece parka which works really well.

For the warmer weather, I love a skapri for the coverage

YeOldeTrout Mon 30-Nov-15 19:57:54

Sports Direct or JD sports?

lastqueenofscotland Mon 30-Nov-15 20:38:05

I order a German brand called gregstar (think amazon sells them) and I find them quite long.

FlightlessBird Mon 30-Nov-15 22:21:07

I'm a similar size and have got a great long sleeved top from Decathlon, in the mens section though.

knowler Mon 30-Nov-15 22:54:05

Thanks all, I'll check these out.

Shirleycantbe Tue 01-Dec-15 09:35:34

www.amazon.co.uk/Under-Armour-Coldgear-Womens-Running/dp/B003Z73VAQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1448962354&sr=8-9&keywords=body+armour+top

These Under Armour tops are amazing. There is a band of a fabric round the bottom that stops them riding up. I totally LOVE mine.

knowler Wed 02-Dec-15 10:05:58

Shirley that looks fab. I'm going to order one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now