Talk

Advanced search

What equipment do you have at home?

(4 Posts)
carrie74 Tue 17-Nov-15 10:25:51

I see a PT fortnightly, where we use a variety of equipment - free weights, fixed weights, medicine balls, bouncy balls etc etc etc. I also exercise at home generally doing some kind of free weights/body weights and we also have a treadmill.

My hand weights are 1.5, 3 and 5kg pairs, and although they're useful, I'm thinking of getting something else for Xmas, but I'm not sure what. I'm not so keen on resistance bands, as I don't really have experience on how to use them (other than physio exercises when I had a buggered knee). I could get a couple of kettlebells, but I'd only use them for a couple of exercises. Maybe just up the hand weights?

What do you use at home?

KeyserSophie Tue 17-Nov-15 10:49:11

A foam roller and a yoga mat. I go to the gym for everything else as I just use a massive variety of equipment so would be hard to replicate. If I was to invest I'd get a full DB rack so from 10kg up to 30kg sets going up in 2.5kg increments and maybe a 16kg, 20kg, 24kg KB but I need wo the same for a lot of things so that'd get expensive. If I had a garage I'd also get a barbell set and a rack but I don't and I live in a flat so can't see the neighbours being v happy about me dropping weights. Ah well, I can dream.

ThursdayLastWeek Tue 17-Nov-15 10:54:13

I have

>A resistance band - used mostly for stretching or Pilates DVDs
>A foam roller - hardly used blush
>A Pilates 'magic circle' - really good for adapting Pilates stuff now I'm pregnant
>Some hand weights 1,2,3kg - could do with some heavier, but don't mind just using them for a little extra resistance
>a 6kg kettlebell - sporadic, but nice to have for variety

All means I can do different types of work out at home depending on what I feel like. I'm mostly a runner, don't go to the gym

carrie74 Tue 17-Nov-15 21:39:36

Yikes keyser that is serious! I don't live close enough to a gym to make membership worthwhile, and I've fallen into an ok routine at home (I'm sure my PT disagrees, but I think he understands the constraints. And still thinks I should do more...Anyway).

Thanks Thursday. For many of the home exercises I do, my hand weights are sufficient (and I never go above 5kg when using PTs hand weights. But I also use kettlebells and medicine balls with him which are heavier. And a fixed weights machine thing). I think I'll look into kettlebells and/or medicine balls and see what he suggests too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now