Talk

Advanced search

November with Jillian - shredding as Autumn turns into winter

(44 Posts)
OublietteBravo Wed 04-Nov-15 19:53:14

As requested, here is a November thread.

Everyone welcome - it doesn't matter if you've never tried a Jillian DVD before or if you've got the full set. A thread to keep us all motivated as we push on through November with Jillian.

Today I did Ri30 L1D6, followed by 6W6P L2D3.

OublietteBravo Thu 05-Nov-15 20:48:01

NMTZ this evening. It isn't quite so bad now I'm more used to the moves but the abs circuit is still pure evil

DifferentCats Sun 08-Nov-15 09:29:27

Ah ha! There you are.

I did all of Kickbox Fastfix last week. Nothing so far this weekend, but lots of walking and young child carrying yesterday, so I am very achey.

DifferentCats Sun 08-Nov-15 09:30:49

Oubliette, how are you finding your workouts in general these days?

TheOriginalWinkly Sun 08-Nov-15 12:19:06

Has anyone done Shred It With Weights? Is there a lot of jumping in it? I need a dvd with very little jumping (and ideally no jumping jacks. My pelvic floor isn't what it once was.)

Angelina321 Sun 08-Nov-15 14:57:33

Hi all,

It sounds like Jillian is just what I need to fit into a dress before Christmas! I've been doing weight watchers since the start of October and have been losing a pound a week so far, which is fine, but it would be great if I could accelerate that a bit and hopefully 1) improve the bingo wings and 2) flatten my belly a bit. I've been blessed with a very large bum and thighs and nothing I do ever seems to touch those so I'm not too fussed if they improve or just stay as they are, the latter of which is most likely!

The online photos of the 30 day shred results are really amazing, but I'm wondering if that's the best place to start or if there's anything that's more suited to the top half of the body? I think that's where I could get the most gains in the 7 weeks or so before Christmas! However I then wonder if the other routines get as good results as the 30 day shred or if that's the magic bullet?

Help please! smile

Angelina321 Sun 08-Nov-15 15:37:38

I remember a couple of years ago Jillian and the 30DS were SO popular on here but these days it seems a bit quieter?

KatharineClifton Sun 08-Nov-15 19:21:15

30DS is all over Angelina. I'm doing it atm, have done it before. Very hard, but very worth it.

KatharineClifton Sun 08-Nov-15 19:24:30

I'm doing Davina too though as like both.

Angelina321 Mon 09-Nov-15 09:22:31

I've been researching and found her Beginner Shred which looks more doable but still with good results! All three levels are free on DailyMotion - the selling point is that it's a lot lower impact which would be brilliant for me and my click knees! Think I am going to do that one - now to find a free 30 minutes!!

OublietteBravo Mon 09-Nov-15 22:09:51

I moved up a level to Ri30 L2 today. It seemed a bit short (well except for the plank cardio circuit, which seemed to last forever). Maybe I need heavier weights...

I also did 6W6P L1D4.

I've done 30DS 3 or 4 times. I quite enjoy it as a set of workouts - it seems do-able if you are just starting out (follow Anita), and is OK if you are a bit fitter (follow Natalie).

DifferentCats Mon 09-Nov-15 22:42:45

No Jillian for me tonight because I locked myself out of my house. Definitely tomorrow!

KatharineClifton Tue 10-Nov-15 16:24:13

Just re-read my reply to Angelina and it was confusing, 30DS is all-over the whole body, not all over as in being past it.

What a PITA Cats!

OublietteBravo Tue 10-Nov-15 22:00:25

NMTZ this evening. I'm starting to quite enjoy it as a workout (although it is a bit short on cardio).

OublietteBravo Wed 11-Nov-15 20:12:19

A longer session today: Ri30 L2D2 and 6W6P L2D5. Slowly adapting to the new level of Ri30 - I think it'll be OK once I've mastered the moves (can't do the funny push-up things yet).

DifferentCats Wed 11-Nov-15 22:26:11

I know, KC! After a long shift at work too. No keys in bag.

I have been sticking to Kickbox Fastfix again due to time constraints. I am hoping to get in a workout tomorrow morning of at least forty minutes.

OublietteBravo Thu 12-Nov-15 19:49:01

Tonight's Jullian session was Ri30 L2D3 and 6W6P L1D6.

I'm hoping that is enough to counteract the rather nice coconut cake DD made this evening...

DifferentCats Sat 14-Nov-15 14:05:42

I did No More Trouble Zones from YouTube on Thursday morning. I had never done this one before. It was quite long, so I had to skip the last ten minutes.

Seems effective though. Backs of arms and tummy aching!

OublietteBravo Sat 14-Nov-15 20:19:16

I'm having a rest day today (although I just spent several hours trailing around the shops sorting out kit for DD's upcoming skiing trip.

I did NMTZ yesterday. I agree that it is quite long (about 50 min I think). I find the second circuit particularly evil (crunches with shoulder press, whatever the crucifix move is called, bicycle crunches, squirms and push-ups).

JumpandScore Sat 14-Nov-15 20:31:34

I have 30DS barely used from years ago. I have a couple of free slots a week that have opened and I was going to try an exercise class but it occurs to me that using the dvd would be cheaper and more efficient use of time.

I'm already fit from running but not strong. Would shredding twice a week make a difference?

whatiswrongwithyou Sat 14-Nov-15 22:40:40

I have been doing nmtz over a year now and still struggle with the first circuit. It amazes me that it never gets any easier!

SecretRed Sat 14-Nov-15 22:54:55

I'm carrying quite a bit of extra weight (size 22) and an contemplating starting the 30 day shred. I'm just wondering if I'll see noticeable results in 30 days as the muscles are quite well hidden iykwim.

whatiswrongwithyou Sat 14-Nov-15 23:02:43

I've been shredding for almost 18 months now and my shape has changed remarkably. I haven't lost any weight but my body fat has gone down considerably.

I think if you can get over the first 10 days and stick with it you'll be surprised at how quickly your fitness improves and how much more energised you feel day to day. This in turn made me more conscious of what I was eating and my diet has really improved too. Do be aware though that the Shred can be pretty tough on the old joints, knees in particular.

Try it - what have you got to lose!?

OublietteBravo Sat 14-Nov-15 23:10:28

I started 30DS back in June, and have since moved on to other Jillian workouts. Like whatiswrongwithyou my weight hasn't changed much (I've lost a couple of pounds). However, I've dropped a dress size and toned up (especially my stomach).

I did see results after 30 days (take a 'before' photo so you can see the difference).

SecretRed Sat 14-Nov-15 23:11:52

I will start tomorrow . Bit worried about my knees but not as worried as I am about finding something to wear for my work xmas party! I'll modify a bit if I find it too heavy going though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now