Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Metabolic training that's easy on the knees?

(8 Posts)
Maplessglobe Wed 14-Oct-15 21:22:50

Hi all
I'm a runner and I love intervals/ HIIT type training. DC3 a few months old and it's hard to run as much as I used to. Have been doing some JM DVDs and really like that metabolic type training. However, am finding it very hard on my knees. My form is good (PT friend has checked), I'm early 30s and never had joint trouble before, having exercised intensively my whole life. Can anyone recommend any DVDs that will give me a quick, hard metabolic-type workout that won't knacker my knees?
I do a fair bit of pilates too but looking for that cardio hit.
Thanks very much.

Maplessglobe Thu 15-Oct-15 20:05:09

Anyone?

MuttonDressedAsGoose Sat 17-Oct-15 23:19:55

Well, I don't know if this is feasible for you to do at home, but if you can find a long length of very thick heavy rope, you can do insanely hard intervals just slapping them on the ground, twirling like a skipping rope. I'm talking about the kind of lines used to moor ships. About three or four inches in diameter. About twenty or thirty feet of it, anchored in some way close to the ground.

Maplessglobe Sun 18-Oct-15 13:12:10

Thanks mutton... Sadly not feasible....

ivykaty44 Tue 20-Oct-15 20:36:07

Use rollers indoors? Russian steps on rollers will give you a decent work out - how's your balance?

Maplessglobe Tue 20-Oct-15 20:49:12

Thanks, ivy. Balance is quite good. I'm off to google Russian steps.

My knees are normally fine, it's just that doing a lot of plyo- eg jumping lunges, jumping squats- makes them sore and I want to avoid doing damage.

RJnomaaaaaargh Tue 20-Oct-15 20:52:27

Skipping

There's a reason boxers skip !

Maplessglobe Tue 20-Oct-15 23:10:48

RJ thanks- I didn't think of that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now