Talk

Advanced search

I'm bored of Jillian's Shred and Ripped, so what next? It needs to be 30ish minutes though...

(16 Posts)
johendy Wed 30-Sep-15 10:40:46

I've been using Jillian's DVDS to get back in shape after DC2. I've loved them but having used them a lot after 2 babies I'm bored, so I need some suggestions on what to try next.

I've tried some of her other ones which i like, so they're in the rotation, but I prefer shorter ones of 20-30 mins as I can fit them and a shower in during the baby's nap.

I want cardio and toning, so not just a weights one. And I want something I can watch in the UK, so on YouTube or a DVDS I can buy (cheaply).

Thanks

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Wed 30-Sep-15 10:45:57

You are your own gym - it's a book rather than a DVD though. Bloody brilliant.

johendy Wed 30-Sep-15 22:23:48

Thanks bedtime. I see he's got a dvd which is free on YouTube so I'll give that a try.

Any other suggestions from anyone?

RJnomaaaaaargh Wed 30-Sep-15 22:26:34

Shred with weights. Get yourself a Kettlebell.

johendy Wed 30-Sep-15 22:35:27

Ah yes I started looking into that. Which weight should I start with?

RJnomaaaaaargh Wed 30-Sep-15 22:39:33

Low. Really low. I didn't listen first time round - I do strength training with Kettlebells (pentathlon training if you are interested!) and I started with my 12kilo and nearly died.
It's a really enjoyable workout though if you get the right weight! Maybe 4k to start?

RJnomaaaaaargh Wed 30-Sep-15 22:40:23

Sorry the above is assuming you do the shred with weights did not general kb advice

johendy Fri 02-Oct-15 18:59:02

Thanks RIA, will give it a go.

yumyumpoppycat Sat 03-Oct-15 15:37:10

Have you tried extreme shed and shred I did level 1 yesterday and it was fun.

johendy Sun 11-Oct-15 11:56:25

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm liking both YAYOG and Jillian's kettlebells, so I'm alternating them. 4kg is good for the arm ones but too light for the body ones so I'll be getting another one

HaveYouSeenHerLately Thu 29-Oct-15 13:28:43

I'm doing a couple of blocks of Davina 'Fit in 15' alongside my Les Mills Pump workouts.

Apologies in advance if it gets a bad rep here (I'm completely new to this section of Talk, it's great) but I'm enjoying the fact I can add two sections together to make a reasonable workout. The sections are Cardio/Arms/Legs/Core.

I've also enjoyed Les Mills Combat in the past. I have the Ultimate Warrior programme to intersperse once I've completed my first 13-week Pump dvd smile

ThursdayLastWeek Thu 29-Oct-15 15:20:56

I'm forever recommending fitness blender on here it's got a lot of variety

lookingforhope Sat 31-Oct-15 15:34:24

Hasfit with Coach Kozak. Hundreds of free workouts on You Tube or a phone app for less than a couple of quid. There are 30 and 90 day programmes or just mix and match. Most are from 10 to 30 minutes long and can be done at home ... Lots of variety

KatharineClifton Sat 31-Oct-15 15:44:28

I'd second Davina's DVD's, very good. If you have a little longer then Cindy Crawford's are very good too.

Nonstoplaundry Sat 31-Oct-15 20:17:42

Agree with thursday check out fitnessblender. Lots of different videos for free, you can choose level and variety of cardio/ toning / strength etc. you can also choose short workouts, less than 30minutes , which is what I end up doing when running short of time!

lorelei9 Sat 31-Oct-15 20:28:13

OP, have a look at Jessica Smiths online channel. She's got a range of stuff from easy to hard. she also has DVDs. It's a softly softly approach so I nearly misjudged until I found her wanting me to do one handed burpees as part of a circuit!! Then I surprised myself by being really sore after a very short weights workout, which felt easier than Shred with weights at the time of doing it.

I have a theory that one day I might progress to Physique 57... Kind of ambitious for me but maybe not for you if you've done Ripped etc?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: