Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Losing 7-10lbs

(5 Posts)
Pigzoom Sun 27-Sep-15 13:23:16

Hi I'm 10 stone 7 lbs, have had 2 babies in 3 years. I am 5 ft 4 inches. If I was to do a yoga session Once a week, running once a week and body bump once a week. Would I be able to lose 7-10 lbs in 6 weeks.
I'm breastfeeding too.
TIA

lastqueenofscotland Sun 27-Sep-15 14:46:36

it depends really how far you are going! it' s 80% diet 20% exercise as a general rule. You need a deficit of 3500 calories per lb. you burn about 100 calories a mile running. So exercise as you can see isn't always the mose efficient!

Pigzoom Sun 27-Sep-15 15:59:18

Ok yes that's good to know thanks. 30 min "run" in total but building up each time, 1 min walk 1 min run, that sort of thing til I can run a whole 30 mins. I've got an app!
I will watch my intake of food, cut out crisps, choc, cake. I eat healthy meals anyway.

carrie74 Tue 29-Sep-15 11:05:18

I find weight-training is the best for fast results - you may not have weight loss, but you should lose inches. Also HIIT training supposedly raises your metabolism for 24 hours after your session, so should be good. Take a look at Fitness Blender for free workout programs you can do at home. You may also want to consider the 30 days shred?

Pigzoom Tue 29-Sep-15 20:03:00

Thanks! Yes I think my gym does HIIT classes. Will check all those out. Thanks for info

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now