Aspire Channel Swim 2015

(9 Posts)
JemimaMuddledUp Tue 15-Sep-15 12:46:55

Is anyone else taking part in the Aspire Channel Swim this year?

(Link here for anyone curious)

I did my first swim towards it this morning - 55 lengths of a 23m pool, which is just under 0.8 of a mile. Only 21.2 miles to go...

The plan is to swim 1km three times a week. But I thought I'd swim a little bit extra this morning while I was filled with enthusiasm and bank some lengths for days when I'm not feeling it!

AlbusPercival Tue 15-Sep-15 12:50:13

Yes, I am!!

i started early, cleared it with Aspire, and am now 6 miles in.

At the weekend I swam my first ever mile

JemimaMuddledUp Tue 15-Sep-15 12:54:07

Well done on the mile!

I struggle time-wise to fit in swimming a mile. I'm not the fastest swimmer on the planet and I swim before work, so am on a tight deadline to get out of the pool and get rid of the goggle marks before I hit the office grin

Three years ago I couldn't swim a length though, so I'm quite proud of the fact that I'm now doing 50 lengths on a regular basis.

AlbusPercival Tue 15-Sep-15 13:41:29

Completely get the time part!

I only do half miles before work, and get my miles in at the weekend.

For me a mile is a full hour of swimming, so not do-able before work

AlbusPercival Wed 16-Sep-15 14:31:52

How are you getting on Jemima?

JemimaMuddledUp Thu 17-Sep-15 13:36:40

I actually managed to swim a mile yesterday! 73 lengths of the 23m pool, so just over a mile. Then I swam 51 lengths this morning. In all this week I have done 2.6 miles, which means 19.4 to go.

How about you?

AlbusPercival Thu 17-Sep-15 15:17:26

That awesome! I am 6.7 miles in, but have been at it for three weeks.

I am going to push myself and do 3 miles in 3 days between Fri and Sunday though!

JemimaMuddledUp Thu 17-Sep-15 20:29:26

Wow, that would be impressive!

I was so proud of swimming a mile before work, it was the first time ever I'd swum a mile without stopping too. I think I told just about everyone in my office when I got to work grin

AlbusPercival Fri 18-Sep-15 13:36:15

well done Jem!

Got my mile in this morning, just need to do Sat and Sun now, going out Saturday night so Sunday could be hard!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now