Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know anything about buying a treadmill?

(11 Posts)
aprilshowerssoon Tue 15-Sep-15 12:42:56

Hi - my other half wants a treadmill. As it will probably get used I want to buy a good one and have no idea about what to get. I know this is not going to be cheap but should be grateful if anyone has knowledge about this if they could suggest some makes/models of what to buy and what not to buy. Kind of want something not hugely short of gym quality if possible, elevated, programmes etc etc. Thanks very much

tribpot Tue 15-Sep-15 12:45:54

Will watch with interest, I'm toying with one for the winter months although concerned about how Fitbit counts the steps when you're using one instead of walking along actual ground.

TheDrugsWorkABitTooWellThanks Tue 15-Sep-15 12:47:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheDrugsWorkABitTooWellThanks Tue 15-Sep-15 12:48:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissFitt68 Tue 15-Sep-15 12:48:45

Or hire one?

I looked into doing that during marathon training.

ImperialBlether Tue 15-Sep-15 12:54:02

I think you have two threads going, OP - I've put this on your other one:

If you're in the NW I have one you can have that just needs a service!

aprilshowerssoon Tue 15-Sep-15 13:02:38

I love the comment about clothes horse! I will be upset if it ends up being used for this smile

Sorry ImperialBlether [love the name] not in the NW - more like N London so may not be practical.

Can anyone provide "names" for ex gym standard - I have no idea.

MonkeyPJs Sat 24-Oct-15 08:36:07

I hired one which was great, as I only hired it while I needed it.

One thing to bear in mind is that it is very expensive to fix treadmills if they break at all, which isn't a problem when you hire them as the hire people fix it!

TheAussieProject Wed 28-Oct-15 02:08:04

A gym standard name is Technogym. But they are expensive.

You need to consider many factors when choosing a treadmill. The noise, the shaking, the bouncing effect, ....

busyboysmum Sun 01-Nov-15 21:54:53

I got a fabulous one off eBay last January for £200. The seller had paid £1000 for it and hardly ever used it. I love going into our utility room where it's set up and blasting my tunes out and doing a 40 minute workout. I've got some hand weights that I use and I go up and down hills. I really enjoy myself.

busyboysmum Sun 01-Nov-15 21:57:29

Mine is very similar to this one and I would recommend :

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuel-Fittness-Treadmill-130kg-max-user-weight-18kph-max-speed-15-max-incline-/331689438943?nav=SEARCH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now