Talk

Advanced search

Probike Retro anyone please?

(3 Posts)
NoMoreMrRight Sun 16-Aug-15 22:56:35

I need to get a new bike and saw a lady riding this one the other day; she had a wicker basket on it and it looked really nice

www.discountbicycles.co.uk/biz/product.php/8510/4419/probike_retro_ladies_bike/4d1cc5ae61fcb4ec4dc55c8b344dca5b

I know nothing about bikes and it will be only used sporadically and on the road/pavements.... anything I need to look out for? I can spent a little more if it's worth it. I'm not very strong so something not too heavy would be great....

Thank you

gordonpym Mon 17-Aug-15 03:21:07

I have a very similar one. It's fine if you live in a very flat area. If you happen to have hills, it's a nightmare.
What about this one ? www.decathlon.co.uk/elops-100-dutch-style-city-bike-id_8305485.html
Why why why don't we have a decathlon in Australia!

HarlettOScara Mon 17-Aug-15 07:15:57

Is be wary of buying one that you haven't had a chance to test. I've recently bought a bike if this style and I can tell you that many are incredibly heavy, the Elops being one of them. I bought a Dawes Duchess which was in rod the lightest and prettiest that I tried. Also, more gears are better so go for 6 or 7 if you can...many of these bikes only have 3 which can make hills a struggle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now