Talk

Advanced search

Any female boxers here?

(2 Posts)
NoSnotAllowed Sun 16-Aug-15 21:36:37

I'd love to do some boxing training - for fitness and to learn something new. I have no interest in actually fighting in a ring but want to do some heavy bag work and learn proper techniques.

Can I go into a boxing gym and ask for help or will they laugh me out of the building? I can imagine it'd be quite an intimidating experience for a female to turn up at a boxing gym and ask for some help!! Anybody got any experience?

BlackHillsofDakota Mon 17-Aug-15 08:41:07

I kickbox at a boxing gym. It depends if you want to actually learn to box/ sparr or if you just want to do fitness. At my gym it's very much "this isn't a boxacise class" there is a ladies class and they don't make you spar but it is encouraged as boxing is a contact sport. I go to a mixed class and it's pretty sweaty but they are very welcoming and I never feel intimidated. I wouldn't actually fight but I do sparr and love it, it's very exhilarating! Go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now