Talk

Advanced search

Dizzy when running

(3 Posts)
nearlyreadytopop Sat 15-Aug-15 19:22:30

Runners I would love some advicesmile
I started running in March and followed couch to 5k. I love it. Running and slimming world mean I've lost 20lbs. I want to loose another 20. So I really don't want to stop but
I started a new 5k to 10k prog and I thought things where going good so I signed up for a 10k in Sept. On my last run I had to stop after 20 mins, I was feeling shakey and dizzy and cold despite sweating. I had a sit down and thankfully it passed enough for me to walk slowly back to the car.
I felt so awful and it scared me. Am I just being silly or should I get this checked out?

Khaleejikat Sat 15-Aug-15 19:26:19

Perhaps due to what you did not eat before the run. Low blood sugar could be to blame.
I built my running up gradually over a series of weeks. Don't jump from 5k to 10k overnight.
Eat something like a banana about 40 mins before running - energy is released slowly.
Could have just been a one off, ive had bad running days, it happens!
Good luck!

Hellionandfriends Sat 15-Aug-15 19:27:15

What was the earthier like? I never run in hot sun

Also it's good to try running on a banana and water if you think it might make you feel less dissy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now