Talk

Advanced search

Best trainers for wide feet (bunions)?

(7 Posts)
PlainHunting Fri 14-Aug-15 18:30:00

I am new to the world of exercise blushother than walking the dog and need some good trainers that are comfortable and support my feet. But I have bunions so buying shoes from high street stores is normally impossible. I have some trainers from Hotter but they're not good enough for proper exercise, I think (my feet can't breathe in them and they hurt ).

They'll be used for power walking on country roads and tennis.

Has anyone found any brands of trainer that are wider than normal?

chocolatespiders Fri 14-Aug-15 18:33:51

I have wide feet and I have new balance trainers.
If you can you should go to a running shop and get your feet analysed and they will advise you- you dont have to buy them.

Have you got a sweatshop or up and running near you?

PlainHunting Fri 14-Aug-15 18:48:14

Never heard of either but just googled and no, we don't.

There's a decathlon about 45 mins away.

ouryve Fri 14-Aug-15 18:50:46

Nike Dart 10 and Dart 11 are nice and wide in the toe box, with a comparatively narrow heel.

Anglaise1 Sun 16-Aug-15 19:54:22

I have bunions and deformed toes thanks to running, so one foot is incredibly wide even though before running they were narron. Mizuno are the best for wide feet. I run a lot (half and marathons) and my Waverider whatever (18 I think now) are fantastic. Better than Asics and NB for wide feet definitely.
New Balance and Asics are best for narrow feet, don't even consider them.

BikeRunSki Sun 16-Aug-15 19:56:54

New Balance come in different widths. I have wide feet and they fit really well. I second that you should go to a proper running shop to be fitted.

PlainHunting Sun 16-Aug-15 21:26:33

I discovered that there was an independent running shop in a nearby town. I went along yesterday, tried on many pairs of trainers (lots of different brands), had my gait tested on a treadmill. The most comfortable trainers by a long, long way were ..... New Balance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now