Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Toning core and stomach

(8 Posts)
fiorentina Mon 10-Aug-15 13:43:06

An age old issue I know but I am trying to sort my flabby stomach. Although I've got 2 kids it used to be flatter post DD 18 months but recently I have been looking bloated and flabby, despite no real changes to exercise regime or diet. I'm watching my diet closely and eating healthily and combining running and the gym with abdominal and weight exercises so I shouldn't be flabby in my mind!! Any tips please?

KateSpade Tue 11-Aug-15 16:16:46

I have the exact problem!
So tagging on to hopefully see a solution!

fiorentina Tue 11-Aug-15 20:57:16

I've started the Gillian Mochaels six weeks six pack DVD in desperation! Hoping it makes some difference!

ThursdayLast Tue 11-Aug-15 21:00:01

Pilates won't help with the flab, but it definitely tines under it grin
I like it because it helps you be mindful of your body, strengthens it all over and improves posture.

Pilates combined with running works for me - though I would look much better if my diet were much better

PurpleDaisies Tue 11-Aug-15 21:00:54

Pilates and yoga are brilliant for core strength.

fiorentina Wed 12-Aug-15 18:02:27

Great thanks. I will sign up for Pilates as well and see if improved posture helps me look less podgy around the middle as least..

blodynmawr Wed 12-Aug-15 18:21:31

Jillian Michaels workouts are great for this and at £5 from Amazon the 30 Day Shred is both and cheap and do-able at home so for me was a more practical option than going to a gym or class when I had young children.
Join us on the Jillian thread here if you need inspiration!
HTH smile

fiorentina Wed 12-Aug-15 20:28:31

Thanks. I do already do the 30
Day shred. I think she's great hence the abs DVD purchase, I will find the thread thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now