Talk

Advanced search

Please inspire me

(6 Posts)
Highlove Mon 10-Aug-15 09:33:09

I am very much an on and off runner. Have completed half marathons in the past but reat struggling to find motivation at the moment. I'm about a stone overweight at the moment - had lost almost all my baby weight then went back to work six months ago and pled 10lbs on. Just feeling meh but struggling to get going and getting irritated with myself. Ordered a new running book today which I'm hoping will help. Any inspirational stories to give me a kick up the bum though please?

Highlove Mon 10-Aug-15 09:37:23

Sorry, millions of typos - on my phone and tired!

BumgrapesofWrath Mon 10-Aug-15 09:44:31

How about trying something other than running? I've ran on and off over the years, but now I tend to just go exercise classes - having something scheduled and booked really helps to motivate me, find it easier than persuading myself to leave the house for a run

CMOTDibbler Mon 10-Aug-15 10:17:12

How about doing a triathlon? Doing 3 different things mixes up the training, and keeps it more interesting.

GarminGirl Mon 10-Aug-15 12:05:02

Or a duathlon?

Or join a bootcamp

PurpleDaisies Mon 10-Aug-15 12:11:04

I agree that trying something new is a good idea. I joined a gym and have been working my way around all the different classes and have been surprised by what I've enjoyed (who knew a yoga class was so painful the next day?). Having to book in advance means I'm much more likely to go and I've made a few friends there now which makes a huge difference.

Pick something random-maybe martial arts could be your new passion. Or if you're keen on staying with running enter an event so you've got something specific to train for.

Good luck with whatever you do. Just out of interest, the running book you've ordered?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now