Talk

Advanced search

Bootcamp am I mad?

(8 Posts)
Debs75 Sun 09-Aug-15 21:42:22

I have signed myself up to bootcamp starting tomorrow. I've gone for the 'easier' option of 5 days over 2 weeks rather than everyday.

What have I done? Will it kill me off?

I'm nearly 40, weigh 15 stone and am neither fit or unfit.
I do have asthma but it is controlled.

To be honest I think the 6am start is what is panicking me most

KanyesVest Sun 09-Aug-15 21:50:29

Go go go!!! I started bootcamp and better eating 2 years ago last week and I was 14+ stone, a size 20 who couldn't run for the bus. I'm now a size 10, 10ish stone and did my second 10km run last week. I found bootcamp a great way to keep motivated as things keep changing and challenging you and you can see improvement in yourself quickly. Just concentrate on what you're achieving and you'll be fine. Good luck and enjoy!

Debs75 Sun 09-Aug-15 22:02:53

I'm scared of collapsing on my first day. I've seen tv programmes on boot camps and people have vomited from the exertion. I really don't fancy that.
I've tried weightwatchers in the past which works a bit so will start that again. I really want to be fit enough to do a 5K without stopping and to dance with friends on a night out without needing q week to recover

KanyesVest Sun 09-Aug-15 22:17:04

I've seen those kind of bootcamps on TV too, and I'd leave rather than continue to vomiting. I've had various instructors in the last 2 years and all have pushed hard and got me to run further, lift heavier, do one more round than I thought I could, but never to the point where it was overwhelming. The class will likely have others of varying fitness and strength so take your own pace at first until you're comfortable with form and getting particular exercises right (eg, squats, push ups) so you don't hurt yourself.

KanyesVest Sun 09-Aug-15 22:18:35

If you feel up to it, you could do C25K on non bootcamp days. I found it was good to keep up exercise momentum and it helped ease some of the aches the next day!

KanyesVest Mon 10-Aug-15 16:55:06

Hope you got on ok this morning!

Debs75 Mon 10-Aug-15 20:50:09

oh my god I'm dyingshock

Not really, it was okay.
Only a bit of running, i walked a bit which helped me keep going.
The exercises were doable and i did enjoy it.
I did feel sick but that was a combination of not eating and the heat. I got home and fell asleep on the sofa for an hour. Big mistake, I could barely move when i got up. A quick hot shower and I managed to do a full day at work. My legs are aching but I am strangely looking forward to Wednesday.

KanyesVest Mon 10-Aug-15 21:34:43

That's great that you're looking forward to weds. Enjoy it! (I'm on holidays and somewhat pathetically missing my classes!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now