Talk

Advanced search

Playlist recommendations for a rocker?

(11 Posts)
CremeDeSudo Thu 06-Aug-15 21:39:34

Not sure if this has been done before but I'm currently putting together my first running playlist and seeing as my favourite music is usually rock /alternative /grunge /indie, I'm struggling to find something suitable!

Any recommendations?

Rebell Yell seemed to work quite well earlier. I have the odd Beastie Boy/Fat Boy Slim track and a few random ones but any recommendations gratefully received!

ConcreteElephant Thu 06-Aug-15 21:50:40

Oh, I have a real mix to listen to on mine! Beastie Boys here too, AC/DC, Joy Division, Janes Addiction...

I find Head like a hole by NIN is a great one to run to.

Best of You by the Foos also good...
No rain by Blind Melon
I like anything that builds up and goes for it really...

Mind has gone blank now though - erk!

CremeDeSudo Fri 07-Aug-15 07:36:51

It's difficult to find suitable songs! There's a gap in the compilations market right there! Good call on nin and the foo fighters grin

GiantGaspingSatanicCyst Fri 07-Aug-15 07:44:56

Queens of the Stone Age? Go With The Flow and You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar are two brilliant 'surging' tracks.

PJ Harvey
Nomeansno
Asobi Seksu
My Bloody Valentine
Dinosaur Jr
Sleigh Bells
Sonic Youth

?

CremeDeSudo Fri 07-Aug-15 09:16:55

Will have a look at some of those! Haven't heard of a couple..

differentkindofpenguin Fri 07-Aug-15 09:24:02

More metal than rock, but rammstein is my favourite exercise music

auldspinster Mon 10-Aug-15 09:22:09

The Fall are surprisingly good to run to.

FurryDogMother Mon 10-Aug-15 09:25:20

Shinedown - generally, but mostly 'Cut the Cord'.

CremeDeSudo Mon 10-Aug-15 19:43:41

More I haven't heard of..! quite like shinedown actually, thanks everyone grin

Pedestriana Mon 10-Aug-15 19:47:52

Some years ago I used to run at the gym (I've got knee problems so the treadmill was 'safer'). I used to listen to a lot of Queens of the Stone Age. My personal trainer was surprised at how 'running friendly' it was.

TriJo Tue 11-Aug-15 11:25:36

Rammstein, Slipknot, Lamb of God, old Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer etc - metalhead here smile

For a bit of reliving my lost youth at the gym though, the TFI Friday compilation album is actually very good - loads of late 90s rock and indie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now