Talk

Advanced search

How can I get from a 12/14 to a small Coast 10, in 15 weeks, via exercise?

(49 Posts)
MixedBerrys Tue 04-Aug-15 18:54:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MixedBerrys Tue 04-Aug-15 19:30:28

shirleybasseyslovechild Tue 04-Aug-15 19:47:41

no. Not from exercise.
yes from diet.
2 small healthy meals a day will do it

PurpleDaisies Tue 04-Aug-15 19:51:48

It depends on whether when you lose weight you usually lose it from your bust. I fit coast size 10 dresses most of the way up...until I get to my boobs. I'm a 32E.

I agree with the above poster that weight loss is mainly diet but for a great toned shape try doing weights. Body pump, kettle bells or heavier weights in the gym with help from a personal trainer or knowledgable friend.

SaintEyning Tue 04-Aug-15 19:54:42

Portion control, myfitnesspal calorie monitor app to track your progress and low carbohydrate all the way, plus as much exercise of any type as long as you get your heart rate high for a good percentage of the time. And cut out refined sugar as much as you can. It can be done in 15 weeks - if you fitted it once you most likely will again!! smile

MixedBerrys Wed 05-Aug-15 07:19:12

GrumpyOldBiddy2 Wed 05-Aug-15 07:34:27

30 day shred and virtual gastric band hypnosis

Hellionandfriends Wed 05-Aug-15 07:42:17

Do the sofa to 10k run. On days you don't run, walk fast for an hour.

Don't eat all the calories back as essentially the hours walking is 300 cals while running 10 kilometres is 600 cals

yumyumpoppycat Wed 05-Aug-15 08:16:19

I did similar one year before a couple of weddings with the following

exercise dvd or running - approx 30 mins - 5 mornings a week before breakfast
Porridge for breakfast made with water, cinamon and seeds
Healthy food, organic box subscriptions, strictly no sugar, low carb eve meal
No eating after 6.30 pm
used a calorie book, pen and paper and scales to count calories under 1500 cals a day
weekly weigh in at boots to give me something to aim for ...

Maybe I should take my own advice and do that again!

Chasingsquirrels Wed 05-Aug-15 08:22:37

I lost about a stone and have dropped a dress size (ample 14 to loose 12) in about that time doing 5:2 and calorie counting on non-fast days to stay at recommended calorie intake to maintain weight (around 1,750 for me). If I go very significantly over for any reason I did 3 fast days the next week. I didn't do any exercise

If you want to lose weight I'd say diet, plus the exercise to tone.

MixedBerrys Wed 05-Aug-15 08:23:47

RJnomore Wed 05-Aug-15 08:28:33

Weights.

Big weights.

You need to book a pt for a session to show you how to do them without hurting yourself.

Cardio is a variable. Most people don't do enough and over compensate by eating because it makes them hungry. Weights change your body shape fast; as you put muscle on it speeds your metabolism and burns more calories so you can get away ŵith eating more; and weight lifting sessions continue to keep your metabolism raised for hours afterwards in a way that cardio doesn't when you stop.

For body transformation weights are the way to go. You will also get better posture and muscle tone which makes you look slimmer and you won't have to do a drastic diet - which at your size you don't really need.

14 weeks is loads of time. And no. You won't pack on muscle. You will most certainly tone your arms though.

yumyumpoppycat Wed 05-Aug-15 08:30:55

Not a mupppet it's confusing! The most common theme across all the diff diets is cut processed food and cut sugar so def start with that. Your exercise plan sounds a good starting point too. Whatever you do, you need to be determined and go for it to get there in 15 weeks - you can do it!

TriJo Wed 05-Aug-15 09:09:42

Lift heavy weights, run and keep tight control on your diet - eat lean meat and veg and cut sugar out almost entirely.

mrsplum2015 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:15:26

Hiit exercise has changed my body beyond all recognition. The only bit left to sort out is my stomach and I have quite bad separation so think I will need to do something else with that. If you can do it for 30 mins five days a week you should be fine in 15 werks. But you must diet too, 1200 cals a day would be my recommendation.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 05-Aug-15 09:17:47

Echoing those that say lift heavy weights. It really is the most efficient/effective exercise. Also echoing those that say that most of it is diet....

MixedBerrys Wed 05-Aug-15 09:40:53

MixedBerrys Wed 05-Aug-15 09:42:14

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 05-Aug-15 09:53:58

www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/01/14/strength-training-101-where-do-i-start/

Is a good read re strength training, at the bottom of the page there are links to all the other strength training 101 articles.

WorktoLive Wed 05-Aug-15 09:59:55

Have a think about if it really is a realistic option. Is this a dress that you have previously fitted into before and are hoping to do so again?

I am a 12/14 with a 32F bust so probably a similar size to you, but even at my leanest I still have large hips, bum and thighs and I don't think it would be possible to go below a 12 even if I was technically underweight due to the width of my hips.

purplemunkey Wed 05-Aug-15 10:10:46

As pp have said you'll need to diet and exercise. I lost 1-2 pounds a week over 4 1/2 months by using MFP calorie counter, walking a lot instead of getting the bus and st least two 60m excerise sessions a week. I have dance aerobic DVDs, Zumba & personal trainer games on the Wii. I went from a tight size 12 to a loose size 10. I felt great in clothes but more importantly felt fit, healthy and strong.

I'm now 9m post partum and have lost a stone with a similar method - MFP, lots of walking (with DD in buggy) and an exercise class once a week. Good luck!

purplemunkey Wed 05-Aug-15 10:13:45

Although I am too intrigued by why you need to fit into a dress that is currently a size or two too small. Is it an old dress as Work suggests?

areyoubeingserviced Wed 05-Aug-15 10:47:53

Defo weights, but diet is key

areyoubeingserviced Wed 05-Aug-15 10:48:55

Walking is an excellent form of exercise

rookiemere Wed 05-Aug-15 10:53:07

Yes I agree with worktolive. I'm a 12-14, well more like a straight 14 these days blush but even if I dieted stringently and exercised hard core for a month I'd never fit into a 10 due to the size of my hip bones.

Also depends on your age - in the past in 20s and 30s I could have gone down a dress size in a month, but now in the 40s, absolutely no way.

If you used to fit into the dress and have just gone through a period of indulgence, then I'd say you have a much better chance of getting there. If not, then it may be time to visit the dressmakers for alterations, or buy a new outfit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now