Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone using Fitness Blender?

(5 Posts)
carrie74 Tue 04-Aug-15 13:22:41

I've seen it recommended on MN quite a lot, so thought I'd have a look the other day. I did 30DS (well kind-of - I wasn't committed to daily, I was maybe managing 3-4 sessions a week, and managed 3 sessions of L3 before I just got a bit bored, even though I think it's brilliant).

I see a PT weekly, doing mainly weights and HIIT in his gym. I'm not a massive fan of cardio, although have been a regular runner in the past (I just get frustrated with it - I seem to really struggle to improve, and it leaves me with self-loathing that I can't see any improvement). I LOVE weights, but can't really get to a gym regularly, so Fitness Blender has been brilliant to do some stuff at home.

Mentioned it to my PT this week, and he'd never heard of it, so he's going to have a look - it'll be interesting to hear his thoughts, but comparing it to what I do with him, there's lots of crossover. I also like that they actually get out of breath and huff and puff!

So, favourite work outs? It's very early days for me, but I'd like to try to do 20-30 mins of exercise every day (for me that's much more manageable than trying to run 3 times a week).

CadiM Tue 04-Aug-15 16:31:16

I'm a big fan of fitness blender. Currently doing the butt and thigh programme (which is 3 days a week) with upper body strength on alternate days. I like following the programmes as they push me: left to my own devices I would just do strength or level 3 cardio. I tend to avoid Daniel's HITT workouts as they tend to be evil level 5 (it takes me about an hour to do his 30 min sessions as I have to stop so often) but I like his upper body strength.

carrie74 Tue 04-Aug-15 21:10:18

Thanks Cadi, like the idea of a programme actually, will look them up. I did a mini challenge my PT devised (he does weekly challenges on Twitter, something different each week), so that was 50 lunges (25 each leg), 40 crunches, 30 squats, 20 press ups and 10 burpees. 60 sec rest then repeat.

So did that, then did an upper body fitness blender workout, followed by an abs one then a cool down.

Was great!

louloubelle2 Mon 10-Aug-15 18:18:57

I use FB, I don't do any of their programmes, just one off workouts when I can't get to the gym or a class. Great during the school holidays! The search and filter function on their website is really good, and there are loads more workouts there to choose from than just searching through Youtube. I usually pick a 30 min body weight only level 4 or 5 HIIT workout and if I have the energy or time, add a 10 min abs workout on the end. Usually stick to Kellis routines as I agree Daniels are brutal!

I also love that they show them working really hard, sweating, losing balance, having to stop briefly etc, because a lot (not all) of their videos run in real time, rather than editing together short segments so they always appear fit and fresh and full of energy!

If you don't do a programme or what I do above, why not filter to a different target body area and rotate, e.g. Monday bum and legs, Wednesday arms, Friday abs and core strength, for 10, 20, 30 mins or however long you can manage? Sometimes if I'm not really feeling like it, I'll start with a 10min routine, knowing that once I get going, I'll probably add another one and keep going, but that if not 10 mins is better than nothing!

carrie74 Mon 10-Aug-15 22:06:14

Thanks LLB, I did similar to your suggestions last week, and then have had guests over the weekend, and PT session today, so will start up again tomorrow. On holiday Wed, so hoping to be able to use some ideas while away too.

For me I think it's a good filler work-out too. I see my PT weekly, and then may go for a jog or play some tennis once a week, so having FB (or the Shred) for another session is fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now