Talk

Advanced search

Excess flabby skin

(4 Posts)
Pastamancer Mon 03-Aug-15 09:55:09

I've lost 1st since having DD2 and annoyingly haven't dropped a dress size yet. I think this is partly because I have a flabby belly still. I have lost weight from there but still have the same amount of skin. It just kind of hangs down and if you grab a handful there is nothing behind it.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of this?

flanjabelle Mon 03-Aug-15 09:56:21

Watching because I'm in the same situation after losing 37lbs.

nottheOP Mon 03-Aug-15 13:21:35

Beyond a tummy tuck, not really. Unless it's a very extreme example, it is so much more noticeable to you than anyone else.

My tummy is a porridge like consistency on the couple of inches below the belly button.sad I hate it but still wore a bikini on holiday grin

A tan, fake or otherwise helps

MrsMook Wed 05-Aug-15 22:51:58

Ds1 trashed my belly. Going from a 27 to a 43 inch waistline in less than 9 months definitely exceeded my elastic limits as Newton would have described it. In the 2 years since DS2 was born, some of the excess wrinkles of skin have improved subtly. I've got a lovely high waisted bikini that balances covering the worst of it with showing off the fruits of my hard work in losing the surplus weight from the pregnancies.

I doubt that I'll get much further by natural means though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now