Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for online free weights routines?

(6 Posts)
MarvinKMooney Thu 30-Jul-15 10:06:32

I used to go to the gym a few years ago and loved it. Then house moves, job changes and children came along and I just got out the habit.

I've just lost a stone through slimming world, am feeling more confident and want to get my mojo back. I already cycle 20-25 miles a week on my commute, walk everywhere else (don't drive), and am going to pick up running again. I also do Pilates once a week.

I know that resistance exercise makes me feel good and look better (well, it did 7 years ago!), but I would struggle to afford a gym membership at the moment. Can anyone recommend some good free weights routines online? I found some quite good ones by Jessica Smith on YouTube, but they're a bit all-American air-punchingly cheesy for me.

Any thoughts?! Thanks!

TriJo Thu 30-Jul-15 13:33:21

Starting Strength, Strong Curves, StrongLifts, The New Rules Of Lifting For Women...

doubleeggandchips Thu 30-Jul-15 13:34:47

Nia Shanks website. Nerd Fitness have some but you might have to pay membership though, worth a Google anyway.

BlameItOnTheBogey Thu 30-Jul-15 13:37:07

Nike training club app is brilliant. But come over to the Weight Room topic here and you'll get lots of advice.

MarvinKMooney Thu 30-Jul-15 14:06:41

Thank you all! I'll take a look at your recommendations.

Funnily enough, just found the Weights Room - I'll head on over! smile

Bexicles Sun 02-Aug-15 21:18:53

5x5 is very effective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now