Talk

Advanced search

knee feels like bag of sand underneath

(5 Posts)
brusselsproutwarning Wed 29-Jul-15 12:37:39

Just started jogging in past 2 weeks and my knees feel achey and clicky ! If I put my hand on one it feels like grain or sand under!
Help! Would elastic bandages work or is it my runners? Starting to enjoy it ,don't want to give up

brusselsproutwarning Wed 29-Jul-15 19:43:36

Bump

JennyOnTheBlocks Sat 01-Aug-15 19:00:57

i would steer well away from any elastic supports unless recommended by a physio/doctor and YY to checking your shoes with gait analysis

Saz12 Mon 03-Aug-15 21:14:36

I have dodgy knees (cycling particularly aggravates them).

After a few runs I started getting knee pain (no surprise!) went to a proper running shop for gait analyses. I've had no knee pain from running since, and am now up to 15km runs.

So - YY to getting gait analyses (go to a good running shop).

've not tried elasticated bandages etc, though seemingly the ones with a hole for your knee cap can help to make sure your knee cap "tracks" correctly - probably worth getting professional advice first.

brusselsproutwarning Thu 06-Aug-15 13:35:51

Thank you so much for your replies! Iwent and got my gait anaylised,in a pprofessional running store , they said I had a neutral gait and to try just new proper runners first as the ones I was running in weren't Actual running shoesblush
Got new pair and knee still acting up a little but much less and I jog now on the beach or if there's a grassy side ,there. Much better.
Thank you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now