Talk

Advanced search

Sore Achilles

(6 Posts)
Lagoonablue Sat 25-Jul-15 19:32:12

Ouch. Both of my Achilles are sore and stiff. In the morning I can hardly walk and have to shuffle. Been running since Jan, run 3 x a week around 4k each time. This problem has just started and is so sore. I do stretches before and after but it hasn't helped. Getting worried I might have to stop running now.

Any suggestions?

CadiM Sun 26-Jul-15 12:20:45

Have you had gait analysis? I developed Achilles tendonosis when I started walking long distances: ended up with a big nodule on one. I've got flat feet / hypermobility and getting trainers for over-pronation pretty much cured me. I also really stretch out on a step after I walk or run.

turdfairynomore Sun 26-Jul-15 12:28:01

I had one session with a physio which was quite painful but so helpful! And I looked like a real athlete with my physio tape on too! I'd hurt mine by running into the road after a kitten that I spotted!! No warm.up.No stretches. Just out of the car and away! I'm too old for that-but I rescued the kitten!

Lagoonablue Sun 26-Jul-15 12:33:18

Thanks. I see a physio about something else and will ask. I thought about gait analysis but am worried I will have to get super expensive trainers. Better than sore Achilles though I guess.

CadiM Sun 26-Jul-15 12:43:35

My trainers do average about £70-110 but I get lots of miles out of them. I also use "superfeet" insoles in them and my hill walking shoes: they're about £30 and last years and might be enough to convert "normal" trainers to more supportive ones. I'd still recommend gait analysis though.

NoahVale Sun 26-Jul-15 12:51:12

I have the same, particularly the left, since I went back to work after being off sick, so I thought it was my work shoes perhaps. or age

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now